Chapter 1

7 years later
...
Za'ir
"Come on Iceland you're going to be late for school and I'm going to be late for work." I fussed.

"But, but! I can't tie my shoe!" She whined.

"Bring me your foot." I sighed.

I tied her shoes and made sure to show her as well. She's seven but we're working on it.

"Where is daddy?" She asked once we got in the car.

"Daddy had to work late last night so he'll see you after school." I reassured her.

"Do I have to go to mommy's house this weekend? It seems like since she had Noel she's been too busy." She whined.

"Yes baby you do. Mommy has a growing family and that's your little sister. Try to spend time with her." I suggested.

"Okay I'll try." She sighed.

...

"Be good baby I love you! I'll see you Monday!" I told Iceland.

"Yes ma'am I love you too!" She replied before getting out of the  G wagon.

The drive to the salon was peaceful. I love my Iceland but, she'll ask 1000 questions per minute.

"Look at you glowing this morning!" I complimented Jass as soon as I walked in.

"Yea I got some bomb diggidy dick last night." She replied making us all laugh.

"A'mir been doing his big one!" Kelly chimed in.

"Facts." I agreed.

"How are you doing Kelly?" I asked sitting down in my chair.

"I'm fine just taking things day by day." She shrugged.

"Look you need to get out more!" Ray chimed in.

"How I have a six year old and a big 23 year old who swears he can't live without his mommy." She sighed.

"Girl for one you gotta let him fly out of the nest or shit have him babysit the youngest. Momma gotta live too!" Jass budded in.

"Jass that's easy for you. You only have one and he's 14. Very dependent on his own." She argued.

"Try having a dog, a 7 year old and a grown ass man who barley pays attention to you anymore." I chimed in.

"Opp say swea." Jass snapped her head.

"I don't know y'all. Maybe it's because we're getting older. But we barley have sex. I'm 26 and he's 28... we should still be fucking." I sighed.

"Yea but look at it this way. You just finished school, you're busy with the shops now more than ever. Take a day off and just chill with him from time to time." Kelly suggested.

"You know what you're right. I need to start putting his needs first." I agreed.

"Yes ma'am! Fuck on that man and gatdamnit have a baby already" Ray chimed in.

"Oh my God Ray do you have baby fever or something?" Kelly asked.

"Kinda." He shrugged.

"Lord what is this world coming to?" Jass joked.

...

"So I just need a bust down with a body wave." My client smiled handing me her wig.

"Okay, are you excited?" I asked her.

"Yea, my man paid for all of this." She smiled.

"Awe how long have you two been together?" I asked.

"Since last year. He's so sweet. He's street though." She explained rolling her eyes.

"Well if anything he'll come around if you encourage it." I smiled braiding down her hair.

"I hope so. I can see myself spending the rest of my life with him." She bragged.

"Period. I love how secure he makes you feel." I smiled.

Once I finished her hair she paid, and also left a nice tip.

"Ion know somethings off with her." Ray announced.

"Whatchu mean?" Kelly asked.

"I don't know... it's something in my spirit." He shrugged.

"Oh lord normally when Ray says that he's right." I sighed.

"Facts, Ray don't bring that shit over here." Jass joked.

"I won't I won't." He laughed.

...

"Baby I'm home!" I announced walking through the front door.

"Wassup? How was your day?" He asked bluntly.

"It was fine... can we talk?"

"Yea wassup?"

"Did I do something to make you mad or anything?" I asked.

"Nah baby I've just been busy and tired." He shrugged.

"Well can we watch a movie or something tonight since you're off?" I pouted.

"You know I can't say no to you." He smiled.

"What do you want for dinner?" I asked him looking through our refrigerator.

"Let's just order pizza baby." He suggested coming up from behind me.

"Pizza it is." I smiled.

...

"Iceland asked about you this morning, she was fussing about tying her shoes." I informed him.

"I swear she picks and chooses who to be handicapped around. She ties her shoes perfectly for me. You've been punked baby." He laughed.

"Are you serious?" I asked semi shocked.

"Yes baby Iceland knows how to tie her shoes." He chuckled.

"I'm gonna get her!" I huffed.

"She just knows if she doesn't do it, you will because you have her spoiled." He shrugged.

"Well she got me. She whined and everything. You know how she does that 'But, But!' And starts turning her lips that's exactly what she did." I explained.

"That's my baby." He laughed.

"I'm sick of you two." I sighed.

"When you gone give me a baby Za'ir?" He asked out of the blue.

"Well since I graduated how about now? All of the shops are up and running on their own at this point. I think I'm ready are you?" I asked.

"Yes I've been ready for the past 3 years now." He smiled.

"Well I'll make an appointment to get taken off of birth control and we can start trying!" I smiled.

"Watch you're going to be so fucking fertile." He joked.

"Oh my God no I'm not. I'll probably have like 3 tops that's it." I laughed.

"Who are you trying to convince me or yourself?" He chuckled.

"Both!" I laughed.

Once the movie was over we took our shower and began to get ready for bed. We were now cuddled up watching "For better or for worse".

"I'm tired baby." I yawned.

"Gimmie kiss." He said having his lips poked out.

I gave him a kiss , minutes later we were both knocked out.