Chapter 2

Keith

I pulled up to the trap making sure no one followed. I knew shit wasn't hot right now and I didn't want it to be. Money was rolling in real nice for everyone.

"Yo Keith... we need to talk man." Isaiah announced once I walked in.

"Wassup?" I asked sitting down.

"So it's been brought to my attention that the girl you been messing around with is Feds." He explained.

"Nah say swear." I huffed.

"Why do I keep falling for these opp ass bitches?!" I yelled.

"How much she got on us?" I added.

"Nothing. Myra said she has zero evidence against us. My other thing is how close are you to her?" He asked with a concerned look on his face.

"Not too close. I did cut everyone I was talking to off but you know how that goes." I shrugged.

"We're going to have to get rid of her. For good." He explained.

"I knew it was coming. It was only a matter of time." I sighed.

"Look she's been around Za'ir's shop so I think I have a plan for that. I'm thinking we get them close, reel her in and take her ass." He suggested.

"Nah I got something better. I don't want to involve Za'ir she has a lot of clientele and the last thing I would want is to stop her money." I declined.

"I'll handle this." I added.

"Are you sure? Because we need this done within a month man." He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Consider it done." I smiled.

...

"You like my hair?" Yasmine asked.

"Yea baby I love it." I smiled.

"Good. Now how about we go out for dinner or something?" She asked.

"Not tonight baby. I'm too tired." I shrugged it off.

"Whatchu do all day other than be at the trap?" She snapped.

"Nah Shordy don't even do all of that. Who told you I be slinging anyways?" I questioned her.

I never once told her what I do on the side. She knows I'm the co-CEO of all of Isaiah's clubs since we got rid of that nigga Ray seven years ago.

"I just assumed that, that's what you did since you never told me and you had so much money. You can't possibly have that much money from being a co-CEO at a club baby." She laughed.

"You shouldn't assume shit about anyone especially underestimating them as well." I spat.

"Well I'm sorry baby I meant no harm." She said moving closer to kiss me but I pushed her away.

"I gotta go I'll see you tonight or something." I announced standing up.

"Whateva nigga." She fussed at me.

I shook my head and shut her front door. Isaiah was right... I need to off this bitch.

...
It was my week to have my son Kenneth. When I got out of course I was fucking on Miracle it had been years since I touched on something for real. We didn't use a rubber because I thought she was loyal. She didn't pass down an STD but we did conceive a child.

I didn't know this until after we broke up and she had already decided to keep him. I love my son no doubt. I just didn't want to spend the next life time with this bitch.

"So Kenny has an ear infection. I got his medicine and stuff already I made the doctors appointment as soon as he complained about it. I've been wrapped up with everything all week so I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner." She explained.

"No worries." I shrugged hugging my son.

"Bye Kenny I love you. I'll see you next week baby." She smiled.

"Okay ma love you too." He smiled.

"You such a mommas boy!" I said pushing him.

"Man stop dad because you are too!" He said smacking his teeth.

"A little bit." I laughed.

"Can we go and see grandma?" He asked putting his seatbelt on.

"Yea she's been asking about you." I said pulling out of the driveway.

"I've been thinking about her." He smiled.

Those two were inseparable. When she first laid eyes on him and when he first laid eyes on her you knew their bond could never be torn apart.

My mom just has a sweet healing soul. No matter how many times I've been locked up she's never judged me, never fussed or yelled just prayed over me. They don't built em like that anymore.

...

"Look at my two favorite boys!" She said smiling walking up to us.

"Hey ma." I greeted hugging her.

"Hey baby! Hey grannies baby! Oh I missed you so much!" She said hugging him.

"I missed you too grandma I was thinking about you!" He smiled.

"I'm glad you were. You know granny loves you!" She said kissing her cheek.

"I love you more!" He smiled.

"Look I know y'all were on the road evening so I cooked some smothered pork chops, mashed potatoes and gravy, biscuits and greens!" She explained going into the kitchen.

"I knew I smelled something good." Kenny said rubbing his stomach.

"You so fat." I laughed sitting at the table.

"I wonder where he gets it from." She said with a sly smirk.

It's true I was a big nigga but shit I refuse to miss out on any meals. I don't play about my food. My mommas home cooked meals made sure I "thickened" up.

"Ma you did it." I laughed.

"Yea I know lord help me. Is that girl friend feeding you?" She asked referring to Yasmine.

"Nah ma we really just take things steady. I haven't even moved her into my house she still has her own. I don't ask her to cook for me and I don't expect it. I don't know how to explain it." I shrugged.

"I'm not going to tell you how to run your life. You'll know when the time is right and when the right person comes along. Now I'm not saying things with you and Yasmine won't change . That's just up to you guys. Miracle was a sweet girl. She still is! You both gave me a beautiful grandson. And always remember that the both of you." She said pointing at Kenneth and I.

"My mom is really sweet. She says she messed up with dad and regrets it. What's does that mean?" He asked looking at both of us.

"Well son a year before you were born your dad had to go away from stuff he did. Mommy moved on, in any usual case she should have. But mommy and I were still together so I found out she had someone else in the picture after I came home. We broke up but it was kind of too late because you were in her tummy. We decided to do what we're doing now. Co parenting." I explained.

"Okay I understand... Mommy wasn't being loyal? Like the word you teach me a lot?" He asked.

"Yes, mommy has her needs too but I think... I think it was selfish of me to ask her to wait for me... but at the same time if someone really loves you they'll wait but also if someone really really really loves you they wouldn't get into any trouble to get sent away. So we were both wrong." I shrugged.

"You should get back with mommy!" He smiled.

"You think so?" I asked.

"Yeah! She says if she could do it all over again she would've done things differently." He shrugged.

"We'll see. Let granny say Grace." I said trying not to dwell on the topic for too long.