Chapter 25

Josiah

My alarm went off letting me know it was time for school. Six in the morning, six in the morning just to be at school all day. My momma tells me I should be thankful for school, because once it's time to work, it's time to work.

No cap my momma and my Aunnie Harmony are the best women I know outside of everyone from the shop. My village  takes good care of me and I love them for that.

I've never had a father figure other than A'mir and his ass ain't no where to be found. At first it did kind of hurt, but eventually I got over it. I can't force anyone to be in my life.

Thinking about how he just dipped off tends to put me in my feelings at times. So I shake it off and began my morning routine. A shower, lotion, brushing my teeth, my waves and putting my clothes and jewelry on.

It's was already going on 6:45 so I hurried down stairs to have breakfast with my moms.

"Goodmorning ma." I smiled.

"Good morning baby. How'd you sleep?" She asked with a big smile on her face.

"I slept pretty good ma. I'm not in the mood for school though." I sighed.

"Well after school make sure to do your homework and finish your chores." She instructed.

"Yes ma'am." I nodded taking a bite from my eggs.

"Good morning thing one and thing two." My Aunnie Harmony joked, walking into the kitchen.

"Goodmorning fool." My mom laughed.

"Morning Aunnie." I smiled.

"Her stink, here's $100 for the day. Make sure you have gas and lunch." She instructed.

"Aunnie my tank already full heres $50." I reassured her trying to hand her the $50.

"Uhn uh just keep it for something else then." She shrugged.

"Yes ma'am." I nodded.

"I gotta get going yall it's already 7:30am and my first class is at 8am." I informed them finishing my food and putting my plate in the sink.

"Okay stink I love you, I'll see you when you get home." My mom smiled walking me towards the door.

"Okay ma I love you too." I said before kissing her cheek.

...

After 15 minutes I pulled into the schools parking lot. I was ready for high school to be over with. I only had 3 more years after this.

"Cmon bro let's go." My best friend Nydia instructed knocking on the window.

"Getcho manly ass on." I laughed.

"Yea whatever Nigga we finna be late for first period." She fussed.

"Why are you so cranky this morning?" I asked getting out of the car and grabbing my backpack from the backseat.

"I've had a rough morning that's all man." She sighed.

"What's wrong?" I asked closing and locking all of the doors.

"My momma and her nana into it again. That's really it. They had me up all night arguing." She explained.

"I'm sorry Ny. You know you can come spend the night anytime. My momma already told you." I reassured her.

"Nah ion want that weight on yall plus, it's not that deep. I just want better for my momma." She sighed.

"I understand. Well you know I'm here if you need me." I smiled.