Chapter 24

Two weeks later
...
Za'ir

"How many times is this nigga going to keep playing with your feelings and how many times are you going to continue to fall for it?!" Jass yelled at me.

"The things is I didn't fall for it jass I went home! He kissed me that was it! I know damn well I'm not going back to him. He had a whole baby on me! What the fuck I look like!" I yelled back.

"Well friend yall might be even... cause you got your lick back with the nigga you practically told him not to worry about. You ever wonder why his ass calmed the fuck down since? He didn't think you had it in you." Ray laughed.

"I agree with Ray. That nigga know wassup now friend. He knows you're not one of them." Kelly laughed.

"That is true." Jass laughed.

"Look y'all. Zavier and I are coo, and Isaiah and I are getting along. I'm leaving it at that. If I can be honest I'm sick of both of them." I sighed.

"Which one makes you the happiest?" Jazmine chimed in.

"Neither." I laughed.

"Well shit. Girl do what the fuck you want." She began to laugh.

"But how Jazmine? Because this sick part is I love both of them. I just feel like I out grew Zavier. But the man is trying for his family. I have to respect that." I sighed.

"I agree, you are kinda in a hard place right now." Jazmine sighed.

"Look y'all, let's talk about this tonight for dinner or something. I'm about to start stressing again thinking about it." I shook my head.

"Bet! I want some crab legs anyways!" Ray laughed.

"Okay!" Jazmine agreed.

...

After work we did exactly what we said we were going to do. Eat crab legs and catch up.

"Soo A'mir still hasn't been around. I've stopped by his house, Called him, called his aunts. No one can find him." Jass explained to us.

"How does a muthafucka disappear in thin air?" Kelly asked shaking her head.

Everyone looked over at me and laughed.

"Wait do you think he's doing government work?" Jass asked looking over at me.

"Honestly I wouldn't put it past him. You just better hope he doesn't have a baby on ya ass." I laughed.

"Girl at that point he can kiss my ass do you hear me?" She laughed.

"Hire a private investigator..." Jazmine shrugged.

"I agree! Figure out where he's at that way." I nodded.

"We'll help pay too since we wanna be nosey!" Ray laughed.

"Facts here's $1200." I said handing over a stack.

"Here's $600, I gotta pay my mortgage bill next week." Kelly laughed.

"Here's $1200 sus, make sure they get good photos too!" Ray chimed in.

"I got $1000 for you friend." Jazmine laughed.

"Y'all so damn annoying, I'll get on it first thing in the morning." She laughed.

"Hold on yall this is Zavier calling." I sighed.

"Hello?" I answered walking away from the table.

"So we just going against everything I said?" He asked once I got on the phone.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I spat.

"Bitch you had that nigga around my daughter?" He slurred.

"Zavier are you drunk?" I asked.

"Bitch don't fucking worry about it. I knew yo ass was still fucking on this man. That's okay because y'all good for each other. I'm out and I'm over this little relationship. The only reason why I tried was because of my daughter. I been over yo ass bitch. I want my daughter every other weekend. You'll have to little child support money . Fuck you!" He spat.

Before I could say anything else he hung up in my face. Believe it or not I just shrugged.

"You good?" Ray asked coming back to the table.

"Shit yea, I'm single single!" I smiled.

"Bitch what happened? Y'all was just fine." Jazmine asked.

"I guess he found out I took Za'ria to the zoo with Isaiah and the girls, he said the only reason he was making us work was because of Za'ria and he's done. Ect Ect. He hung up before I could say anything else." I shrugged.

"Bitch he's weird. He does understand you do not have to have a romantic relationship to still do for your child?" Jass chimed in.

"That's what I was trying to tell him before we made the decision of working things out. He didn't want to listen. So busy trying to get one up from Isaiah I guess. Anyways he said he wants her every other weekend and he'll pay child support." I broke it down to them.

"Well, what are you going to do now single lady?" Ray asked.

"Enjoy my self for sure!" I laughed.

Everyone laughed as well.

...

Once we left the restaurant I sped over to my mothers place. She was keeping Za'ria for me and I didn't want to over do it.

"Thanks again ma." I smiled.

"No problem baby. You know I love watching her. She's the sweetest." She smiled back at me.

"Momma where is my sister?" I asked noticing the house was quite.

"She's sleep. Bedtime do you hear me? I need peace and quiet and so did my baby girl." She laughed.

"I understand mommy. Well I'll head home. I'll see your Saturday for sissy party." I said kissing her cheek.

"Alright stink I love y'all." She said kissing my forehead.

"We love you too ma." I smiled before shutting the front door.

I buckled Za'ria into her seat and finally left from my mothers house.

Since she was already bathed and in her night clothes I simply put her in her crib. I took a nice long shower and got settled into bed for myself.

Making sure I texted everyone I made it home I send Isaiah a text asking about his day and letting him know I'll be retiring for the night and if he needed anything to just call me and to kiss the girls for me.

Soon after I was knocked out with ease.