Chapter 22

Za'ir

Zavier didn't drop off Za'ria last night. I was up all night trying to piece things together. Deep down I wanted to inbox whoever that was holding my daughter. I chose otherwise. That's exactly what she wanted and I wasn't going to let her win.

At the end of the day if that's who he wants that's who he wants. I just will not allow some strange to hold my child especially with cocos going around!

"Sissy you okay?" My little sister asked sitting next to me on the couch.

"Yea I'm fine just a little annoyed." I sighed.

"Why what's wrong?" She asked giving me her undivided attention.

"As a mommy, it's very important to stand your ground and stand firm in what you say about your children and how you want your children to be treated. Sometimes others do not understand that and go against what you say." I sighed.

"Well that's mean." She pouted.

"Yea it is." I laughed.

"You gonna put them in time out?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"No... although they do need it." I laughed again.

"I agree sissy." She laughed as well.

I looked at the time it was 3:30pm, my mother will be on her way soon to pick up Xuriela.

"It's almost time for you to go home. Go pack you clothes and stuff." I smiled at Xuriela.

"Okay sissy!" She giggled running into her room.

...

"Was she good?" My mom asked as I put Xuriela in her car seat.

"Yes ma'am she was good." I smiled.

"Thank you so much." My mother grinned.

"No problem mommy be safe." I laughed a little.

"You too." She said before pulling off.

As soon as she pulled off Zavier pulled in. I knew I had to face the music at some point. I just didn't realize it would be this soon.

Walking into the house I took a deep sigh. I wasn't in the mood to deal with yelling so I sat quietly until he was finished putting Ria' in her room.

"You wanna talk?" He asked sitting next to me.

"Yea." I mumbled.

"When I came back from one of my meetings La'monica was there holding her. I immediately took Ria' from her and put her in her place. I know you don't play like that and La'monica knows too she was trying to be petty but I snapped on her. I told my momma she was dead wrong for letting her hold our daughter and I told her from here on out she is not to watch Ria. I gave her my house key and everything. I know I wasn't shit back then but I'm different this time."

"I would never let some petty bitch do that to you or try and be petty towards our child. I did what you told me to do. We ain't had problems since. I do apologize for what you had to deal with and I should've called immediately when it happened but I had it under control." He explained.

"I appreciate the apology and I'm sorry for raising my voice and cursing at you. I was out of order." I sighed.

"I understand where you're coming from because I was shocked when I walked in and she was holding her. The shit pissed me off too Ma." He said sitting back on the couch.

"So what are we supposed to do now just leave things alone for now?" I asked.

"Yea until further notice. I'm sure we won't have a problem out of her, she's a petty ass bitch." He said shaking his head.

"Very petty." I laughed a little.

"I told you, I'm done with these hoes... it's just us now baby. I promise."

...
Isaiah

"Daddy, when will we have dinner?" Iceland asked coming into my room.

"Soon baby I'll be down there in a minute." I sighed.

Ever since Za'ir and I agreed on no contact from here on out things have been lonely. I never realized how much that girl meant to me. She's happy and that's all I can ask for. I'm not saying I don't love her anymore. I just know it's only so much she can take.

"Okay Noel let's go feed your big sister before she turns into monster." I said tickling Noel.

"Iceland what do you want to eat?" I asked coming down their stairs.

"Grilled cheese!" She said grinning big.

"Okay grilled cheese it is mamas." I smiled back at her.

"Daddy I miss Za'ir." Iceland pouted.

"I know baby. I miss her too. But we gotta let her figure things out on her own okay? You know Iceland has done a lot for us." I reassured her.

"Is she mad at us?" She asked sitting back in the chair.

"No... I don't think she's mad at me anymore. She's just ready to move on. She has a family of her own now. She's been taking care of us for so long now is the time for her to put her and her baby first." I explained finishing the grilled cheese.

"But But! Daddy isn't that my little sister too?" She whined.

"No baby... your little sister passed away. Za'ir was sick and the baby didn't make it." I sighed putting the grill cheese on the plate.

"Daddy I miss Za'ir." She began to cry.

"I'll see what daddy can do baby. But I can't make any promises mamas." I sighed.

"Okay daddy." She mumbled.

Noel was in her high chair watching both of us very tensely. She looks just like Lisa unfortunately... they both do.

"After you finish your food make sure to take a shower and get ready for bed. We're going to the zoo tomorrow." I instructed.

"Yes sir." She smiled.

After feeding, bathing and rocking Noel to sleep I did the same for myself. Iceland was sound asleep in her room so I decided to call Za'ir. It was 12 at night so I was in shock when she answered.

"Hello?" She answered in a sleepy voice.

"Wassup ma... sorry to wake you up. Iceland been asking about you..." I apologized.

"Isaiah we agreed on no contact." She huffed.

"I know but what would you do if your daughter was crying for someone who's been there since birth?" I semi yelled.

"Well I wonder why I'm not around the fuck." She snapped back.

"Look bruh we're going to the zoo tomorrow either be there or don't goodbye." I snapped before hanging up.

I hate how things are between us. But shit at the end of the day that's still my baby momma. She's in my life for forever.