Chapter 18

3 Months later
Monty

I've had the toughest time getting the hang of things. Jacob Smith left his drug business to Zavier and I. I've had so much happen to me it's ridiculous.

Not only did two of my best pushers get locked up, they're now facing some heavy time if they don't talk. Of course brotha from another motha is on the case. But Ashton himself doubted the case. This was now federal. Ashton has never worked a federal case before so I'm hoping it works out for our good.

"Bro these lil niggas looking at 60 years max if they don't say anything." Ashton sighed.

"I don't know what the fuck happened. They said they was moving weight at the party and ended up selling to a rat. The muthafucka had the wire on him. My problem is them Niggas ain't kill him." I explained.

"So who d- never mind that's besides the point. The only way they can beat this case is if they eat them possession of coke and the rest of the shit they had
and that's gone' ruin ya boys college future. Shit both of them." He broke it down to me.

"I don't man... let me see if I can pull a couple of stops." Zavier sighed.

"That just means them niggas will be in debt." I sighed.

"Man I only charged your stupid goofy ass because you did dumb shit in a dumb city... I love you though cousin. Look you got two daycares out of it. Say them single mommas don't be on you." He joked.

"Nigga fuck you." I spat.

"Y'all are dumb." Ashton chuckled a little.

"Aye but how's Za'ir doing?" Zavier asked a little low.

"She straight... why wassup?" Ashton replied sitting all the way up.

"Nah nigga spill the beans wassup." I pressed.

"I'm just checking on Shordy that's all." He sighed.

"Yea Ight." Ashton and I both replied in unison.

That man has hardly asked about Za'ir since they've been broken up. But once she became pregnant and she got back with Isaiah he ain't let up off of Shordy.

"Aye Nigga. Isaiah back ain't no trying to fix things." Ashton replied.

"Kinda figured that much." He shrugged.

"Anyways, I amma head out yall I gotta get somewhere before 2pm." He added before leaving the room.

"Aight Nigga stay up." Ashton replied.

"Okay so when can we get them out." I asked refocusing on the main objective.

"I can ask for bail but it's gone cost." He explained.

"Then lil niggas got it." I sighed.

"Alright I got court in 30 minutes I'll call you and let you know how it goes." He replied.

"Alright man. I appreciate this." I smiled.

"Nigga I love working for y'all. Y'all make sure I eat and some more shit. Glad I had dope dealing friends." He smiled.

"Nigga bye." I laughed.

Sometimes I wish the world would just freeze so I can catch up. Everything moves so fast and that shit be getting to me. Maybe this King pin Shit ain't for me.

...
Zavier

"The baby looks healthy." The doctor smiled.

"are you sure I'll be able to that big headed baby out?"

"Positive. And you have daddy over there to help." The OB smiled.

"Kinda." She replied.

"Alright all set here are your copies see you next week! Almost time to push! The doctor squealed.

She wiped the stomach and handed us copies of the babies picture.

"She got my nose bad man." I laughed.

"Za'ir she has your fat ass forehead too." I added.

"Boy boo. My forehead ain't that big." She scoffed looking at her phone.

"Are you hungry?" I asked helping her into the elevator.

"Yes!" She smiled.

"Wendy's it is." I chuckled.

I began scrolling through my gmail. Our maternity pictures came in.

"You look so beautiful." I smiled at my phone.

"Zavier stop drooling over another girl around me that so weird." She laughed.

"Look." I smiled handing her my phone.

"Oh... she did amazing." She began to smile.

"Man... our baby is going to be perfect." I sighed hugging her.

"Za-"

"I know... I'm sorry." I apologized backing away.

The elevator came to our stop soon after.

"I'll meet you at Wendy's." She smiled.

"Alright." I sighed.

...

No one on my side knows about the baby. Not even Monty or JoJo. They've been busy and I've been trying to respect Za'ir's wishes. 

That night everything felt so real. Like real love. I felt like if I had the chance I could do it right but she wouldn't let me. She was still hurt behind Isaiah leaving out of the blue. No one still understands why he left.

I'm not sure if she told him or if she's ever going to tell him. But I guess he'll find out sooner or later since she's due just about any day now.

After Za'ir's appointment and Wendy's I went home to think things over. I wasn't mature enough for her then. Now is a different story. She says they're not back together but I can tell she doesn't want me any more. This nigga just comes around when he wants and takes her from me. This shit ends.

"Damn my back hurt." I mumbled as I laid on the bed.

"You wanna massage?" La'Monica asked rubbing my chest.

"Nah I'm coo." I shrugged.

"Whatcha been up to?" She asked smiling from ear to ear.

"Just workin." I shrugged.

"Mm... well I ordered pizza for dinner so how about we watch a movie and cuddle?" She asked sitting on top of my lap.

"That's coo I guess." I shrugged.

"Baby what's wrong?" She asked pouting.

"Nothing, how was your day?" I asked putting on a smile.

She began to rant but I didn't too much care to listen. My mind was still heavy on Za'ir. I had no business being with La'monica, but she's the best distraction for now.

"Look mo I'm tired as fuck... suck my dick or something baby?" I pointed.

"Uh... of course..." she shrugged.

After busting a nice nut I ate her until I couldn't anymore, took a shower, ate and finished the day with a nice fat blunt.