Prologue

CHAPTER AHEAD ON PATREON.
www.patreon.com/officialwhosthatgirl
-------------------------------------------

Nilagok ko ang natitirang shot sa'king harapan habang ang ilang kaibigan na kasama sa loob nang bar na iyon ay nilamon na ng mga tao sa dance floor. My head's spinning and I know that if I take another shot, I'll drown. Tumayo na ako mula sa pagkakaupo at dumungaw sa dance floor para hanapin ang mga kasama. My eyes were blurry.

My sisters are all out of the country kaya ito ako, nag paparty. This will be—maybe my last party since I'll be very busy tomorrow. Iritable sa mga ilaw at umiikot na paningin, mas pinili ko na lang na bumaba para isa isahin ang mga taong nandoon.

I made my way toward the crowd as it slowly filled up with screams. Everyone started running towards the ball. A few people brushed past me, almost knocking me off. The chaos was making people around chant someone's name. Wala akong pakialam ngunit may kung anong humihila sa'kin para tignan ang kumosyon.

I made my way toward the crowd. And there, I saw him.

He kept punching. His fists were covered with blood. I could feel fear as I watch him almost murder the man underneath him. He didn't even seem to notice the audience growing around him and the scene he was making. His white v-neck shirt was torn in a failed attempt by the other guy to stop him.

Maga na ang kamay ng lalaking sumusuntok. Kahit na may mga pilit pumipigil sa kanila, walang kahit isa ang pinigilan siya and some are still taking videos and pictures—maybe for evidence.

"Luke!" A man called; trying to stop him.

But none of them even dared to touch him. They were just shouting his name as if he will stop by that. Mas umingay pa ang lahat at halos isigaw na ng lahat ang pangalan ng lalaki. It was like some boxing match being made for entertainment.

I gasped as I saw more blood almost covering the opponent's face.

"Aeria," I felt a handheld my arm.

Amidst the chaos and screams, it was his blue eyes that held my attention. It was trained to focus on its opponent to inflict pain and wounds of the suffering.

He ferociously and mercilessly attacks the guy below him. Right then, I know that he knew what exactly he was doing. With his big and muscular body, with every punch, the opponent won't probably be alive if the guy, Luke, doesn't know what he was hitting.

"Let's go!" It was Aira who was pulling me now.

I pulled my arms off her and got a better view of what was happening. I, then, realized that it was an old friend, August.

The two big bouncers grabbed the man from his arms and struggled to pull him away from August, whose body is already lumped by now. A man went beside Luke and whisper things in his ears before the other bouncers pull the sleeping August away from the crowd.

I felt Aira's hand on my arms once again. Another pull and just as I'm about to look away he met my eyes and held them. Nagkatinginan kaming dalawa. His aquiline nose was bleeding and a small bump boasted on its perfect slope while Cupid's bow-shaped lips he has even though thick, full, and bleeding, strangely, he is still beautiful.

Part of me was telling me to go but I still have the courage to stare at him. I watched him talk to his friends beside him. Neither of us tries to end the stare. A petite woman stood up beside him and gave him a handkerchief. Kinuha n'ya iyon at ipinamunas sa kanyang nagdudugong mukha. I can't help myself but check his body out.

His t-shirt was ripped, making everyone see his chiseled chest because of his bleeding nose and lips; it is now dripping down his chest. Aira pulled me again. Now let her pull me because I couldn't walk anymore. Just as the man looked away, I lost my control and let myself get drowned with the alcohol that keeps banging my head.