Chapter 1

Ten thousand years ago, the deity of deities has once ruled the world and made a rule for all of the deities. A deity who is still making their way to immortality must have their own disciple to continue their legacy and responsibilities as a deity.

That's why martial artists of different sects join whenever a deity is having a contest because being their disciple can make their sect known and it can also make that certain disciple famous in the martial arts world. 

He is walking on a bustling and noisy road while he is eating tanghulu. He was busy enjoying watching the smiles and happiness written on the lips of every person that he saw.

But his peaceful day was destroyed when he saw a woman on the side of the road getting bullied by some sort of man.

And as a man who is serving justice for every helpless person, he knew he needed to do something as rational as he can, so he walked towards them and shouted at the men. “Hey! Why are you bullying a woman! Aren't you ashamed?”

One of the men looked at him angrily. “Kid, don't meddle in here! Just go back to your home and play with your toys!” the man said and all of the men laughed. He looked at them curiously thinking if there is something to be laughed at. Then men continued to bully the woman so he immediately took out his sword that is still on its scabbard and showed it to them.

“I am telling you, leave that woman alone! If not, I will not hesitate to sort to violence!” he tried to sound as scary as possible. And looks like the men have already turned their attention to him because of annoyance.

The man in red looked at him in annoyance. “You are really a hard-headed fool. Trying to be a hero, huh? Fine, let's have a fight.” He said and took out its sword and attacked him. His eyes widened and immediately blocked his attack. The man kept attacking while he kept blocking his attack until he was thrown out because he stepped on a stone behind.

His eyes widened when the man swung his sword to him and the only thing he could do was to close his eyes and block his sword in front of him but a smoky gas was released and while his eyes were still closed, he felt someone hold his shoulder and felt like flying. He only opened his eyes when he was already on the ground and saw the woman who was harassed earlier by the men.

“You? You are the one who helped me?”

The woman looked at him. “What? Do you still see someone here?” she said sarcastically and rolled her eyes.

“But aren't you being bullied by the men earlier? And my eyes are not playing with me because I saw what I saw. If you actually knew how to fight, you should have injured them for their shamelessness.”

“It's not that I am not fighting. It's just that our main rule in our sect is to not give a fight to people who are not part of the martial arts world. And I thought I already saw someone who can fight them when I saw you but I can't believe you have the audacity to fight them when you are still in the newbie phase.” Disappointment showed in the woman's face as she shook her head.

“Hey! Just be thankful that I still helped you there. If I had known, I would have not helped you there. Tch. And also, I've just started wandering in the martial arts world that's why I'm still in the newbie phase. Don't worry, the next time I meet you, I will be more powerful than you then. Hmp!” he said and walked away. He still heard her laughing but he kept on walking until he was already far from her.

While walking, he saw the board of martials. Board of Martials is a large board where they post all about the martial arts and whenever a deity is doing a contest for being his disciple. And while looking at the posted martial arts news, a man came and posted a big poster with a nice stroke of every character written.