Chapter 18

“Then I will not let you do it! I will not let you all be in danger just to solve this problem of the border. You all are still young and have more opportunities ahead of you so don't let this problem worry you.” General Pan said to them.

“Father, it is already too late to back out. Yes, we are young but this is also part of us being a martial artists and disciple of a deities. Everyone, what is the most important motto of the martial arts again?” Xixi asked them.

“We are the heroes of the world. Our citizen should be protected, be safe and be honored.” They all said in unison.

“So, what should we do?”

“Protect the people because they are the foundation of the country.”

“That's right! Father, I remember that this motto is also the first motto in the military. To protect the nation is to protect the people. Because only when the people are well and safe does the nation become prosperous and blessed. Even if the gu people are refugees of different states, they are still people who needs to have a proper burial and not being controlled and be taken advantage of.”

General Pan sighed. “Fine, fine. But you all should promise me that you'll try your best to fight and win.”

Xixi nodded. “Yes, we promise, father.” General Pan just shook his head and someone neared them and talked to General Pan.

After to talking to the man, General Pan looked at them. “Someone told me that gu people is charging at our base and they are already 20 miles away from us.”

“Then, let's go get ready then.” He said and they followed General Pan towards the gate. They go to the upper part of the gate where they can openly see  if there will be enemies coming at their base. The army has already been ready with their arrows and will shoot when they see the gu people.

While they started to bring out their instruments and look for a good spot to play.

“Are you ready?” Mengxin asked him who was the one volunteered to protect him. He still see her eyes worried so he reach for her hand and smiled.

“Don't worry, I'll do my best so I will not get hurt, okay?” He said softly and smiled. When Mengxin nodded and took his flute before closing his eyes and started playing with the flute.

He was focus on looking for the caster and it took him minutes before he found him. He immediately counteract his tune and as the enemy became aggressive he doesn't have a choice but to strengthen his tune until he won and stop playing.

When he opened his eyes, he felt blood rushing out from his mouth but he didn't care because he is more focus on listening to the other instruments that the casters is using.

He close his eyes again and when he opened his eyes, he immediately think of that instrument used. “Hulusi. Who knows how to play hulusi?” He asked his friends and Xiao Li immediately raise his hand.

“I know.” He said and bring out his instrument and started playing a tune with it while he get up and looked at the gu people outside the gate.

There are so many of them and some has already stopped functioning since he successfully won the flute caster. And now, he is putting his trust to his friends so they will also successfully win the battle.

When he saw some batch of gu people stopped moving, he looked at his friend and saw Xixi stopped playing and almost passed out good thing Linxiu immediately supported her from sitting and let her gain her strength back.

When Wude already successfully won, he immediately checked on Xixi and when he made sure she is okay, only them he feel at ease and they wait for Xiao Li to finish the last batch of the gu people.