Chapter 23

“How come? Don't tell me someone is trying to poison my father?” Mengxin asked him.

“There's a possibility. The poison is called the darkness poison. It is understandable that the imperial physicians can't detect your father's poison because that poison is near to invisibility. It can't be detected while the poisoned people is still alive but once the poisoned die, only then can the poison will be detected.” He said and looked at the Emperor. “Your highness, how many months since your sickness started?”

“I think that was when I had my birthday.” He answered.

“That was two months ago.” Mengxin told him.

“Two months, no wonder. This poison will slowly kill the poisoned. The first month, you'll just feel sick, you always vomit and have high fever at night. In the second month, you'll feel weak and will not be able to move your body anymore. And in the early third month, the poisoned will already die.”

Mengxin hold his hand. “Do you have any idea how to cure this kind of poison? Wei Xin, I can't lose my father yet.”

“Don't worry, my master has taught me this type of poison, I will definitely keep your father alive and will remove his poison.” He said and because of happiness, Mengxin hugged him which made him surprise.

Mengxin only stopped hugging him when his father cleared his throat. Mengxin laughed and looked at her father. “Father, I'm just saying thank you to Wei Xin.”

“Isn't it me that should be thanking him? Tch.” His father snorted and they just laughed together.

“By the way, where are my brother's? Shouldn't they come and visit you here?” Mengxin asked her father.

“They are currently designated on the border as a way to make them more stronger and gain experience in the battlefield. Anyways, while Wei Xin is curing me, maybe you can handle the palace affairs for me? Don't worry, I will guide you.”

Mengxin nodded. “Okay, father. Don't worry, I'll make sure I will handle well the palace.” She said.

And that's how their routine started. In the morning, Mengxin and him eat their breakfast before she attend the morning duties which is talking with the officials while he will go to the Emperor's room to do  the procedure in removing his poison.

The longer the poison in his body, the longer it needs to be removed because he can't force to remove the poison in a short time or else it will only endanger the Emperor's life.

2 months later,

“Father!” She said surprisingly. “Why are you here?” She asked an let him sat on the chair.

His father looked around her room before looking at her. “Where's Wei Xin?”

“He? He is in the training ground. I was about to go there too.”

His father nodded. “Come here, sit beside me.” He said which she followed. “Daughter, I have an important thing to tell you, I hope you'll think it through.” She nodded. “I want to pass the throne to you.”

“Father!”

He sighed. “Girl, I know, it is a little surprising but, I know, in the span of two months, you have successfully made the official listen to you, you even successfully showed the might and pride of the palace in another countries which has never been happened since I got sick. Daughter, you are qualified to be the next Empress!”

“But, father. There are no woman that became leaders throughout these centuries.”

“Then you'll be the first.” She sighed. “Daughter, I will give you time to think it through, okay? I'll get going, I still need to attend the morning meeting. Before his father can go out, he look at her. “By the way, your brothers are already in their way in coming back to the palace. You and Wei Xin can attend the welcome party later, okay? Bye.” He said and leave her.