Chapter 11

It took them almost two day before they arrived at the next county which is the Hua county. Since they had a continuous journey while going to the Hua county so they check in first and had their rest before they continue their journey.

But as they took their rest, plenty of people came to their room and wanted to meet them because learned that they looks like a martial artists. He thought that they just didn't seen any martial artist in their whole life but he heard that there is some important thing they that needed the help of a martial artists.

They were about to go out when someone knocked on their room again and was about to open it when the door open itself and the three woman came in. Mengxin was the one who came in first. “You still haven't ready to go out? You all look tired. How about I tell them to just postpone this meeting when you all have rested?”

Xixi also came in while yawning. “I'm still tired. Did they tell you why they needed us?”

“No. They just kept on telling us that they needed us and even wanted us to go to an official house to connect with them. Does anyone here know if martial artist and officials can have connections to each other or it is a taboo?” Xiao Li asked them.

“It is okay to have connection as long as it is for the betterment of the country or the people.” Linxiu said who just came in. “So, we can go now. Looks like you all are ready now.” She said and immediately leave the room.

They immediately followed and her and when they arrived downstairs, women and children immediately came near them that can hardly come out of the inn. The people kept on telling them to help them but they are still clueless to what they are saying and when they successfully go out of the inn, they walked towards the official's house and was welcomed by some official's men who immediately guide them inside the house.

They arrived at the receiving area and they immediately sat on the chair. “Please wait for our master to meet you, heroes.” One of the men said and left them. While they are waiting, they busied themselves from looking around then receiving area and they even saw different paintings made by some famous painters in different places.

Looks like the official residing here had been gone to many places. He even saw some stones where it was carved the name of the official. Looks like this official is a good ruler, then why do they needed here?

It took them almost ten minutes waiting for the official to meet them and they immediately get up and bow to him s a respect.

“No need to bow, everyone.” He said while smiling and let them take their sit. “I am Lu Yi, one of the officials here in Hua county and you might be curious why Hua people had been wanting you all to help them.”

“That's right, sir.” Xixi said and they all looked at her and sighed.

“Well, here's why. You might have seen that almost all population of Hua who came to your inn are all women or children. That's because men here had been disappearing and it started two months ago.”

“Disappearing? How?” Linxiu asked.

“You see, Here in Hua county, our main occupation is farming. And these past months, the rain had been continuos and the soil is good for planting that's why they started planting on the mountain but as day pass by, men had been disappearing one by one and their family just reported it last week. That's why it took us months before we found out that there might be some animal who had been killing these men.”

“Do you have proof that can tell that it is animal that makes the men disappear here in your place?” He asked.

“We don't have any proof yet but men's clothes and undergarments are the things left in the mountains when they disappear.” The official answered.