Chapter 17

They live for almost a week in Wude's sect but a letter came in for Xixi. The letter said that another batches of Gu poisoned is spreading throughout the border and the soldier's morale has been depleting due to it.

And Xixi's father learned that they were the one who solved the mystery of the gu in the Meili Sect so they were immediately asked for assistance in the border.

And they didn't waste any time and bid their goodbye with the Meili sect before they go to the border with the flying ark as their transportation for faster journey.

He decided to have a tea on the dock of the ark as he face the coldness of the night as they travel. It has been a day since they left the sect and according to the ark's map, they might be arriving at the border tomorrow morning.

His thoughts stopped from wandering when he felt someone put on a coat in his shoulder so he looked up and saw Mengxin who put on the furry coat on him.

“It is already late at night and all our friends has already sleeping. Why are you still here?” She asked him. And before he answered, he pulled her towards his lap and let her sit there and hug her.

“I just wanted to feel the coldness tonight. I will also go to sleep later. You? Why did you still came here? You might get sick with the coldness.”

“I can endure it.” She said before she looked at him and caress his face so he closed his eyes and feel the touch of her hand.

“Ehem!”

Upon hearing someone clearing their throat, he immediately felt a hand slapping his face hard that he immediately fell to the ground. When he opened his eyes, he immediately saw the group in front of him while Mengxin is beside him.

“Why are you here guys?” Mengxin asked cheerily while he tried to get up. When he go up, he immediately touched his face and still felt hot and pain.

“Are you two fighting again?” Linxiu asked them and he shook his head but Mengxin nodded. “What is the truth?”

“Haiya, you two is already too obvious yet you tried to make it a secret. Why don't you just tell us straight that you two is in a relationship?” Wude said to them.

“What are you talking about? Don't spout nonsense.” He said and was about to leave but Mengxin talked.

“Actually, we already said we liked each other but we still don't have any label so, we are just two individual liking each other.” Mengxin said to everyone.

“So, because you don't have any label that's why you two haven't said it to us yet?” Xixi asked them.

Mengxin smiled sadly before holding his arm. “Actually, I wanted to tell you all about it already but, Wei Xin don't want to telling that there will be a right time for it but I really wanted to tell you all that's why I always force him and just like when you saw me pushing him earlier and today when I slap him, he always tell me it is not the right time so, I always hurt him.” She said and looked at him. “Sorry, Wei Xin, if I hurt you.”

He smiled in confusion as he thinks about Mengxin said.

‘Did I really said I don't want others to know it? Also, I was pushed and slapped for a reason but not this, right?’

He shook his head in disbelief before he looked and saw Xiao Li tapped his shoulder. “Wei Xin, Mengxin is a wonderful woman, it is not bad to tell the world that you got a nice and kind woman.”

He nodded and Wude followed. “Actually, we know you thought that you are not good enough to be with her because she already have everything a man could asked for but you also have your own qualities that a woman would want.”