Chapter 10

The next day, after they ate their breakfast, they had no other things to do so they decided to go to where the destroyed bridge are and look if ever they can do something or give some helping hands.

When they arrived at the area, they can only count how many people is trying their best to fix the bridge and he can now see that the bridge will really took months before it gets fixed because of the lack of manpower.

“11, 12, and 13! Only 13 is fixing that long bridge?! That's too absurd. I heard that Han County is one of the counties who has so many population and only these people had just volunteered?” Xixi said while she is busy looking the busy people under the bridge.

“Well, that's the law. According to an ordinance I've read, we can't force people to do volunteering because that will never volunteering anymore but an abuse. Even if you are the Emperor's officials or closed friends, you can't force someone to work or you'll get punished and what's worst, you'll get beheaded.” Linxiu said.

“Wow, you actually knew a lot of military ordinance.” Xiao Li said. Linxiu just winked at Xiao Li.

“If we can't force them to volunteer, we can give them a reason to volunteer.” Mengxin said and looked at them. “I have a plan.” She said and they immediately listen to her instruction because they a disciple of a Deity of knowledge has so many skeletons inside their closets.

When Mengxin finished her instructions, they immediately followed the tasked she gave to them and his tasked is to wait for her to finish making a poster regarding the bridge repairing and he will go paste it on a most crowded area of the county.

Wude and Xixi's task is to go to every officials to ask for sponsorships for the repairing of the bridge while Xiao Li and Linxiu's task is to to go to every merchants to ask for some supports and ask them for any donations like foods, clothes and any necessities that can sustain the volunteers family as they work on the bridge.

When afternoon came, the four hd already returned to the inn and they all had a talk on their room.

Wude gave them the papers containing letters about officials agreeing to their request and will provide helps from the volunteers and will give incentives and acknowledgement to everyone who helped. “There are less than ten officials who agreed with our request.”

“That's okay. I didn't even assume that there will be officials that will agree without anything in return but, I guess there is still good officials here.” Mengxin says.

“And out of ten merchants we've visited and talked with, they all agree to give their support in this project.” Linxiu said.

“Wow, they are so generous.” Xixi said and even took the papers from Linxiu and read the agreement papers of the merchants.

“Well, merchants have always been needing to go to every different cities to expand their business and if the bridge is not fixed as soon as possible, they will also be the one that will be at loss.” Xiao Li said and smiled widely. “And, I used that strategy to make them agree with us.”

They just shook their head while Mengxin took out her paper and brush and started writing. “Since we already had sponsors, Wei Xin, tomorrow, you can go and paste this poster on the most crowded area of this county, okay?” He nodded.

“I also have another thing that we all need to discuss.” Linxiu said and they all look at her, waiting for the next thing she'll say. She took out her purse and put all the remaining coins in her wallet. “We are running out of money.”

They all sighed. “I'm getting tired hearing that problem.” Wude said.

“Me too. That's the most heartbreaking problem that we've been experiencing since we start this journey.” Xiao Li also seconded.