Chapter 3

1 and a half year later,

“Wei Xin, tomorrow, I am now allowing you to go out and go back to the martial arts world because I want you to widen your knowledge and not just with my experience. Experience has always been a great teacher to everyone's life and I want you to experience your own and make a name for yourself. Just don't forget why you became a martial artist and you can conquer the world. And as your master, I will always be behind you, watching your steps towards your journey as a hero.”

He smiled and nodded. “Understood, master. Thank you for everything that you have taught me these years. Don't worry, I will make sure that I will put it to good use and be a good martial artist and help those in need.”

“Good. Today, I have an important appointment with my friend, the 99th generation of the deity of liquors, so you can go and have a self-practice today and leave the mountain tomorrow.”

He rolled his eyes. “But, Master, drinking is not an important appointment.”

His master laughed at what he said. “Enough now. Don't worry, I will contact you once I sober up with the new wine my friend will make me taste, okay?” His master immediately walked away and even waved his hand and before he totally disappeared, he still heard him shout at him.

“We'll meet again and that's for sure! We have different pathways to walk but we have the same direction. Just keep on walking and never give up! This journey might be bumpy, but it's all worth it. Wei Xin, you are not a loser, you are worth it. I'm glad that you have become my disciple, because I definitely am lucky and willing  to pass on my title to you. Go, go and spread your wings and be the person you wanted to be. 'Till we meet again. Goodbye.”

He just brushed off the weirdness of his master and had a self-practice on the lake behind their house. He had been practising there because it is mysteriously helping him to improve at a fast pace whenever he drank the fresh water on the lake. He already asked his master if the water can be drunk and when his master approved, he had always been practising there. 

He decided to practise with his new composed tune with his flute. His master has taught him so many songs that he already got the key on making a flute song. The song is just an accessory, it is what the person playing the flute is thinking and what emotions they are bearing because the tune gets different whenever you are playing passionately or playing aggressively.

And today, he wanted to try the opposite of the song 'Fairy's dance' that he made which is called 'Fairy's Sorrow'. This conveys a sorrowful song that when a person gets to hear it, they will feel the most painful and hurtful moment that happened in their lifetime with ten times more painful this time and when their will is not that strong, they will die with a heartbreak.

He started playing it but immediately stopped when a bird fell in front of him. He immediately looked at it and realised that the bird fell because of what he was playing with. Then a thought came in.

‘So animals can also die from heartbreak?’

He just shook his head and immediately murmured some incantations to purify the bird's body and just a minute after, the bird started to move and he immediately freed it. When the bird already flew away, he just returned to their house and just had a silent meditation for the rest of the day.

Her master surprisingly asked for a big supper on short notice so she immediately informed the cook and the maids about it. While she continues rewriting those scrolls that her master tasked her to do.

Since she was chosen as the disciple of the Deity of knowledge, this is already her life. Reading texts, practising calligraphy and practising her fighting skills that she has always been curious about but when she asked her master, he always told her that her fighting skills are just self-defence for future use so she just obliged and she wants it too because she loves fighting.