Chapter 4

After how many times they have asked about him and his master, they are now on the way to the deity of knowledge house. Pan Xixi and Mei Wude is in one horse while I was using Pan Xixi's horse.

After minutes of riding, he immediately sees the gate of the deity's house so he immediately goes there. When he got off the horse, he looked at the gate and a feeling of nostalgia came back to him and it brought him two years ago when he came here and joined the contest. He was still a newbie that year and still not knowledgeable in the martial arts world. And now, coming back here, he realised that his thinking is now more mature and just treats that day as a lesson and blessing to him because he also met his master because of it.

He immediately followed the three when he realised that he was left out and a maid immediately welcomed them.

Wude was the one who asked about their reason for coming. “Ma'am, can you ask the deity of knowledge to meet us? We really need to talk to him because we need something from him.”

The maid sighed. “Your arrival is too late, everyone. The deity left the house earlier this morning and we don't even know. The young miss has just informed us about him leaving when she saw a letter from her master.”

His eyes immediately darted to the maid when he heard the word 'young miss'. Could it be that he is the woman whom he helped two years ago? What does she look like now? Does she still know him? He wonders.

Wade's shoulder fell. “Then, how about your young miss? Can we meet her? We really need their help.”

The maid nodded and let them wait on the receiving area and left them to get their young miss. While they all look around because almost all the walls of where they are are full of books and scrolls. He even saw the rarest books on the shelves and he knows it is rare because his master also has shelves of books in his house and his master also teaches him the different books and scroll names and that lesson  from his master took him almost two months to finish. One of the most boring two months in his life because he doesn't have anything to do but to read different books and write characters.

Then his eyes move towards the woman who just entered the room they are in and he immediately sees the woman who he met years ago. He was about to look away when the woman also saw him and from an angelic face, her face turned to a whole new different face. It made him angry! And when he saw her attack him with her sword, his composure ruined and he immediately ran for his life with his sword flying skills. It took the woman almost thirty minutes of catching him and she failed so she just stopped and went back to where the three are, who are just watching them.

When he landed in front of them, the woman looked at him while smiling, different from the face she made while chasing him. “I don't know if it is because I haven't had too much practice for the last few years but yeah, you definitely have the skills now.”

He just rolled his eyes to hear while still catching his breath from that not-so-life-and-death situation. “What do you do to test my skill? You should have told me so I fight back and not run away like a scaredy cat.” He said.

The woman just laughed and looked at the three. “Hello, I am Liu Mengxin. I heard that you want something from my master. It's just that my master left this morning and didn't say when he would come back. But I am his disciple and he gave me the right in this house already, you can tell me what you need and I might help you.”

Wude nodded. “Miss Mengxin, I am Mei Wide, disciple of the Guqin deity. We came here because we need a map of the house of the Liquor deity.”

“Liquor Deity? Why do you need it?”

“Because our master, same with Wei Xin's master, told everyone of us that they have an appointment with the liquor deity. It is normal to meet with their deity friends but they haven't come back since yesterday and they all gave us sceptical and weird goodbyes so we want to make sure that it really is in the house of the liquor deity.”