7: Troubled Sleep

3rd person pov:

Shoto opens one eye. As the other is bandaged up. As he looks around the room. He sees the door open. Natsuo, and fuyumi visit him with flowers in hand.

Fuyu:"Morning sho. How do you feel?"

Sho:"I feel like numb."

Natsu:"Well the anesthesia is working. Where's your man at? Shouldn't he be by your side?"

Fuyu:"Natsu stop. He's probably out getting something to eat."

Sho:"It's fine. I know he's gonna be nearby. He doesn't handle other's in pain very well. So I'll give him time."

Natsuo drops off the flowers before walking towards the door to leave.

Natsu:"Get well soon. You're the only brother I have left."

As natsuo leaves. He sees threw the crack of the door in the next room. Izuku isn't sleeping well, but bakugou is out cold and laying beside the bed.

Natsu:^That fucking prick.^

Natsuo grits his teeth before storming off. While fuyumi helps to change the wraps on shoto. Cleaning and dressing his wounds.

Fuyu:"Hey sho? Could you stop chasing death? We already lost two family members to them. I'd hate to see you go as well."

Shoto looks away from her.

Sho:"I can't. It's not just my dream anymore."

Fuyu:"That man is gonna get you killed. Why won't you stand up to him!?"

Sho:"He means more to me then you could ever know. So I'll support him in any way I can. Nothing will change that."

Fuyumi stops cutting the apple and sets it on the table beside his bed.

Fuyu:"I see, if that's what you want. I can't stop you. I'll be sure to have the arrangements made for when you see dad and touya again."

She storms out without another word. While izuku walks past with his gown on.

Sho:"Hey!"

Izuku looks to see sho signaling for him to come in. Izuku can't bear to look shoto in the eye. Keeping his head down. Shoto pats his head.

Sho:"Thank goodness you're alright. So tell me. Why are you walking around? You should be saving your strength and resting."

Izuku seems almost out of breath. As just going that far tires him out.

Izu:"I..."

Sho:"It's okay. You can speak freely here."

Izu:"I..... I can't sleep. I tried, but when I turned over. My heart began to race. I.... I don't want to get into trouble."

Sho:"How would you get in trouble?"

Izuku closes his eyes. Not knowing what to say next. As he trembles.

Izu:"I'm sorry you got hurt."

Izuku stands up to leave, and his legs begin to wobble. So he leans against the wall to leave. As izuku heads for the door. His feet tangle up. Causing him to trip and fall. Shoto gets out of bed and lets izuku lean on him.

Sho:"Let's get you back to bed. We'll figure it out together."

As izuku shows shoto to his room. Shoto sees bakugou asleep in the room.

Izu:"At least kacchan is still asleep."

Sho:"You know him?"

Izu:"We started dating before I was...... never mind. Forget about what I said."

Izuku notices that shoto and bakugou have matching rings on. Thinking bakugou has moved on. Izuku didn't want to put him in a bad light with shoto.

Sho:"There's no need to worry. Infact. I was hoping you could stay with us. We can offer you protection."

Izuku is surprised.

As shoto helps izuku get back into bed. He sees broken cloth masks and strings under the bed. Even torn oxygen tubes with knots on them.

Taking notice to this. Shoto goes to leave, but as he stands up. Shoto's foot catches a cabinet door and opens it.

Once shoto leaves. Izuku sees something to help him sleep.