16: Debt To Pay

3rd person pov:

Once in the car. Bakugou drives. While izuku rides.

Izu:"So much has changed in the time I was gone. The town has more added to it."

Baku:"When you were taken. The economy took off. New businesses were coming in. However the gang that owns this town pushed the ones out that didn't pay for protection. Most of the buildings you see are now used to transport humans, goods, and bodies around. "

Izuku looks down as memories of being in the back of a truck. Only to go outside with a bag over his head. As private clients paid for him.

Bakugou puts his hand on top of izuku's to comfort him.

Baku:"Hey deku, what did you mean when you said that halfnhalf is playing into their trap?"

Izuku trembles and tries to speak, but his voice is gone.

Izu:^Why can't I tell him?-
"If by any chance you manage to escape. Remember this moment. As far worse will happen to you if we catch a snitch."^

Izuku remembers seeing one of his regular clients being tortured. Ice nails threw his hands to hang by. As a heated scalpel is used to bisect him.

Izuku begins to be consumed by the memory.

Izu:"I know you were trying to save me, but you should've thought about yourself tokoyami."

Baku:"Tokoyami?"^So deku was a witness to his murder. Sounds like he was trying to rescue him but got caught.^"oi nerd! What did tokoyami do to you?"

Izu snaps out of the trance crying.

Izu:"He was the reason why the rule changed. He would pay to free me from the restraints and we'd dance and talk for hours. Never once did he put his hands on me without asking first. He never did anything inappropriate.  If anything he paid to have someone to talk to. Every Wednesday he would call in. Until he didn't anymore. He didn't call in one week and by the next. He was living his last in front of me."

Baku:"He was a civilian that the police hired to get Intel on them. Before the raid could happen. He was killed. Enough talking about a depressive topic. We're here."

Izu:"An orphanage?"

Baku:"I got a debt to collect from an old extra."