20: Todoroki Drama

Enji's pov:

As a child born into a rich family. My life was great, and yet even getting anything I could want. Something still felt like it was missing. When I was thirteen that's when I discovered it. True friendship. As a child the workers felt like friends I could confide in. However, every time I got close. They would leave me. So I begged father to let me attend public school. Private school only taught me that the rich think with their wallets in mind, and not with their hearts. So I wanted to see the other side.

Dad refused and warned me that I would be used for his money. So I had to prove to him that I could make my income before he would let me go. So that's what I did. With the help of a few investments. I managed to by him out of his business. Upon doing so, I discovered how he actually got his money. The pharmaceutical company he owned did shadey business. Keeping people sick to harvest their organs. The medicine they bought wasn't helping them. Infact is was killing them without doing internal damage. So when I took it over. My father tried to have me killed. I tortured his wimpy assassin to get answers. Once I found out about him. I had no choice. He was the first and an example to others. That's when I flipped his business around. Helping others by any means. That's what lead me down the rabbit hole. What started with good intentions, turned into a mafia before I knew it.

My senior year of high-school is where I met her. Rai was so beautiful. I tried everything to win her heart. Buying anything she could ever want, but it never worked. Each time she looked disgusted.  So at graduation I walked up to her on my hands and knees.

"I am a foolish man. These months I've tried everything to win your heart. Now I come to you with nothing but my heart and soul. I'm lost and know nothing about the common people. Now I shall ask you for our last time together. Will you help this fool stay on the right path? I fear corruption and only wish to help others, but I'm lost and have nowhere else to turn."

That was the first time I heard her laugh. When I looked up. She held out her hand, and two years later. We were married with our first baby on the way.