Ch. 20 A New Addition?

FADE IN:

INT. APARTMENT LIVING ROOM - DAY

Beyonce is sitting on the couch looking dejected. The rest of the gang - Alex, Tyson, Jason, and Jay-Z - are sitting around her, trying to cheer her up.

TYSON Beyonce, what's wrong? You look like you lost your best friend.

BEYONCE It's just that...I was thinking about it, and we don't have enough female representation in our group. I mean, we're all men!

JASON Well, what do you want us to do about it?

BEYONCE I don't know...maybe we should add another member to our group. A female member.

ALEX That's not a bad idea.

JAY-Z But who would we add?

TYSON Let's hold auditions! We can put out a casting call and see who shows up.

BEYONCE That's a great idea! Let's do it.

CUT TO:

INT. APARTMENT LIVING ROOM - LATER

The gang is sitting around, waiting for the auditionees to arrive. After a few moments, the doorbell rings. Alex gets up to answer it.

ALEX (Opening the door) Hello, can I help you?

OPRAH WINFREY (Smiling) Yes, I'm here for the audition.

ALEX (Surprised) You're Oprah Winfrey!

OPRAH WINFREY (Chuckles) Yes, I am. May I come in?

ALEX (Still surprised, but regains composure) Oh, yes, of course. Please come in.

Oprah enters the apartment and the rest of the group greets her.

TYSON (Excitedly) Oprah, it's an honor to meet you!

JASON (Pleased) Wow, I can't believe you came to audition for our group.

JAY-Z (Smiling) Welcome, Oprah. We're excited to hear what you've got.

BEYONCE (Smiling) Yes, welcome. We've been waiting for a female member for a long time.

OPRAH WINFREY (Grateful) Thank you for having me. I'm excited to be here.

CUT TO:

INT. APARTMENT LIVING ROOM - LATER

Oprah stands in front of the group, holding a microphone. She clears her throat and begins to sing.

OPRAH WINFREY (singing) The hills are alive with the sound of music...

The group exchanges awkward glances as Oprah continues to sing. After a few moments, she finishes the song and looks at the group expectantly.

BEYONCE (Uncertain) Um, thank you, Oprah. That was...interesting.

OPRAH WINFREY (Hopeful) Did you like it?

ALEX (Hesitant) Well, it wasn't exactly what we were looking for.

OPRAH WINFREY (Disappointed) Oh, I see. I'm sorry I couldn't meet your expectations.

JASON (Encouraging) No, no, it's not that. You have a great voice, Oprah. It's just that we were looking for something a little different.

OPRAH WINFREY (Nodding) I understand. Thank you for considering me, though.

The group thanks Oprah for coming and sees her out. Once she's gone, they all exchange glances.

JAY-Z (Smiling) Well, that was...interesting.

TYSON (Smiling) Yeah, but we did get to meet Oprah Winfrey

FADE TO BLACK