Chapter Four||Sleepover

Chapter Four
Sleepover

It was late into the night and instead of being in her warm bed, Stella was helping the Pogues get John B home safely.

In moments like these she cursed herself for caring about people too much.

"Ugh, fuck," JJ groaned as he threw John B onto the bed. "He's a fucking hippo!"

His friends laughed at his comment as Stella flicked his head. "Don't throw him! It could injure him further!"

JJ just rolled his eyes as the group of four walked over to the living room.

"J," Pope said as JJ started taking off his boots, "you staying here tonight?"

JJ nodded and walked towards his room, calling out, "goodnight suckers!"

Kiara sighed and pulled out a blanket from the closet. "My parents would kill me if I came home smelling like beer," she pulled out the couch and started setting it up. "Stel, can I tell them I'm at your house?"

"Of course!" Ever since Sarah went crazy on Kiara and said girl went back to her old friends, Stella would always cover for her when she didn't make it home in time.

Kiara jumped on the bed as Pope looked at Stella. "Want me to walk you home?"

Stella smiled at him, "sure."

•••

There was an awkward tension in the air as Pope and Stella walked down the road. Neither of them mentioned it but they could both sense it.

"Wait, I live on figure eight," Stella said with a sigh.

"Uh, yeah, what about it?" Pope asked in confusion as they walked past his house.

She stopped walking, "Pope, it takes forever to walk over there and I also don't want you to walk home by yourself."

Popes eyes widened in realization, "shit. We should've just stayed at JB's."

Stella nodded as she pulled out her phone, "let me see if Sarah can get me," she was about to call her friend but Pope took her phone.

"No," he said and she looked at him in confusion as he stared at her awkwardly. "Uh, I mean, you can just stay at my house," he gestured to the blue house with an awkward smile.

Stella's face flushed as she stood there in confusion, "oh! Um, sure, okay!"

Pope sighed out a breath of relief and started walking to a large tree. "This is what I use to sneak out. I'm terrible at climbing but it gets the job done I guess," he shrugged as Stella smiled at him. "I will go up first, just follow my steps."

Stella nodded as Pope began to climb the tree. He struggled at first but got up and continued to climb as Stella followed closely behind.

Pope opened his window and slipped in. He then held out a hand, which Stella gladly took, and helped her into his room.

Stella looked around and noticed that his room used to be an attic based on the ceiling and boxes that said "attic" on them. She saw his bed on the side with band posters plastered all over his room.

"Wow, I love your room," she said in amazement as she sat down on his desk chair, spinning around in circles.

"Thanks," he smiled and pulled off his shoes before moving to the closet and pulling out blankets and pillows. "My mom keeps some old bedding in here so we can use this."