Chapter Twenty-seven||Cry Your Heart Out

Cry Your Heart Out

Stella spent the rest of her day in her room. She didn't want to talk to anyone, even Pope.

She didn't understand how everything could get so messed up in the span of one week. She was scared. She was scared of her childhood friends. She was scared of her parents. She was scared of everything and everyone.

She stood from her bed and started to pace her room as she let her thoughts run wild.

For as long as Stella could remember she was filled with anxiety. She was always fidgeting with her fingers or pulling at her hair or chewing on her lip. It was constant.

After what Rafe did she just couldn't get it out of her head. She tried to pretend that it didn't happen but it did.

She couldn't help but mourn. For herself but also do him, the boy he once was. He was always so nice to her but now all the happy laughs were tainted by his actions.

She stared at herself in her mirror and let the tears fall. She didn't want to remember what happened. She wanted it to be over.

"Fuck!" Stella whispered as she kicked her desk making her glass vase fall over. She got to her knees and tried to clean up the mess of glass and water and flowers on her floor but she couldn't see anything through her tears.

Stella ultimately gave up and sat on her knees in the mess she made. She could feel the glass digging into her knees but she didn't care. She continued to cry as she watched the world around her crumble to pieces.

She didn't want to deal with it anymore.

She wanted to be her old self. She wanted to be happy and cheerful and be the person to light up the room.

Stella decided that night that she would never let her feelings get to her again.

Bottling up your emotions always works out, right?

•••

Later that night Stella picked up Pope from his house after an urgent message from the boy. "I'm so sorry!" Pope exclaimed as he got into her car. "I need to stop letting Kie control me. I'm so sorry."

Stella laughed and rolled her eyes at the boy. "Apology except," Pope let out a sigh of relief and smiled at the girl. "Was this why you sent me an urgent message?"

"Yes but also we need to go to John Bs," Pope said as he looked at his phone. "And now Kies."

Stella sighed and put her car in drive, "of to Kiaras we go."

They arrived at the girls house and Kiara got into the back begrudgingly. Stella could tell that Kiara was mad at her for some stupid reason but she chose to ignore it.

It was becoming increasingly hard though. The girl was sighing every two seconds.

After an extremely drawn out sigh, Stella quickly pulled over and put the car in park. She turned around in her seat and stared down a confused Kiara. "Look, Kie, I love you I really do but you need to stop being a bitch to me," he words left the girl stunned and she was about to defend herself but Stella stopped her with a raised hand. "I'm serious. I did nothing wrong so get over yourself, k?"

Kiara just opened and closed her mouth like a gold fish, making Pope chuckle, but nodded her head anyway.

Stella smiled and turned back around. "Perfect!"