Chapter Twenty-Three||Forgive But Never Forget

Forgive But Never Forget

Pope sat on Stella's bed as he watched her apply makeup over her bruises. She was scarily good at it and it worried him.

"You know," Pope started as the girl looked back at him through her vanity mirror. "We can just stay here for the day. We don't have to go out. The plan is already in motion."

Stella sighed, "no. I need a distraction. I won't let that boy ruin my summer because he was bored and high one night."

Pope nodded his head. He would do anything that Stella said but she also only had one night to mourn before completely forgetting about it.

Stella noted his uneasy expression and immediately stood. She walked over to him and sat down. "Pope, I'm fine," she definitely wasn't and hurt to even say those words out loud. "I just want everything to go back to normal."

Pope shook his head but ultimately complied. "Fine. But you are never leaving my sight ever again."

Stella smiled lightly and kissed his cheek. "Let's go lover boy. I need to make sure that Kiara doesn't kill Sarah."

•••

It was darker outside when the boys dropped Stella off on the boat. She smiled at them before climbing on to the boat and walking to where Kiara and Sarah were.

"Hello ladies," Stella said as she stood behind the two girls with her arms crossed. The girls turned around in surprise. "I am so mad at both of you."

"Stella," Kiara whispered. She felt terrible for saying those thing to her yesterday. She didn't know what came over her but she deeply regretted it. "I'm so sorry."

Sarah nodded her head rapidly in agreement. "Yeah, me too. I'm so so sorry Stel."

Stella huffed put a breath and sat down in front of them. "All is forgiven, I guess. Just don't do that ever again."

The two girls smiled before attacking her in a hug. Stella tensed up for a second before relaxing into their embrace.

Stella was a very forgiving person but she knew that for the rest of her life she would never fully trust the girls again. They really fucked her over so now they were on the other side of the wall that she built up.

"I say we get high," Stella said as she tried to lighten up the mood.

"I'm down."

"Me too."

Sarah was giggling as she stared at the sky. "Wow. Hey, guess what?" She whispered and turned to the other two girls. "Would you rather... have-I was imagining you like this just now. It was pretty funny. Would you ima-would you rather... have nipples for eyes of eyes for nipples?"

Stella bursted out into laughter as she stared at Sarah in confusion. "Oh my god! You're so fucking dumb!"

Sarah laughed at turned to Kiara. "Imagine if you get really old and your nipples-your boobs get saggy, and your nipples, if they were your eyes, you could see if your shoes were untied."

Kiara glared at the blonde as Sarah laughed. "Is this like your first time smoking or something?"

Sarah stayed quiet for a second before answering, "no."

Stella shook her head and looked to Kiara. "Yes."

"Hey, Kiara," Sarah said and Kiara immediately interrupted her.

"Oh, my god. Enough of the "hey, Kiara!" bullshit!" Kiara yelled as she imitated Sarah.

Stella rubbed her head tiredly and stood up. "Yeah I'm out. Don't kill eachother," she walked to the other end of the boat and sat down.

Stella pulled out her phone with shaky hands and saw a message from Rafe. The girl immediately opened it and scoffed at what she read.

Rafe

Stel
I don't remember what I did last night but I'm sorry if I hurt you
Your dad came to my house saying I did something wrong and I don't know what it was I'm so so sorry

"Of course he doesn't fucking remember," she muttered bitterly. The worst night of her life is permanently ingrained into her brain but the man that caused it doesn't remember anything.

Stella blocked his number and immediately pulled up Popes contact and called him.

The phone was answered immediately.

"Hey, what's up? Have they killed eachother yet?"

Stella lightly laughed and wiped the tears forming in her eyes. "No. Not yet at least."

Pope grinned, "okay good. So what's going on?"

Stella frowned and pursed her lips. "Oh, um. I-I just got a text from-from Rafe."

On the other side of the phone Popes face twisted up in anger as he walked out of the château for more privacy. "What did he say?"

Stella laughed as more tears fell down her face. "He-he uh, doesn't remember anything."

Pope sucked in a breath, "what. That asshole!"

Stella nodded her head, "yeah, yeah." She rubbed her face tiredly and sighed. "I wish you were here right now."

Popes face softened as his hand holding the phone started to get sweaty. "Y-yeah, me too."

There was a long pause between the two. "Okay," Stella whispered. "Bye. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah," Pope whispered as Stella hung up the phone.

The girl ran her hands through her hair and groaned. She was falling for Pope Heyward.

•••

"Uh-oh!" Pope called out with a laugh as him and the boys pulled up behind the girls boat.

"You forget the keys or something?" John B yelled as Stella flipped him off.

"Y'all need a tow?"

Kiara looked at Sarah. "Don't give them the satisfaction of thinking this worked."

"Absolutely not," Sarah said and it made Kiara smile at her before turning back to the boys but Sarah continued to stare at her.

Stella furrowed her brows. She found the two girls cuddled up together that morning and now Sarah was giving Kiara that look. She wondered if the blonde told her how she really felt.

"You gotta admit, it's kinda funny," John B said to the girls.

Stella fake laughed, "yeah, really funny."

John B scoffed. "Sunny, you chose to be here."

Stella shrugged as she took Popes hand and got on the boat. "Not really. If I wasn't there they would've killed eachother."

Stella looked up at Pope with a grimace. "Don't ever leave me with them again. They are so annoying!" She whispered and it made the boy laugh and pull her into his arms.

•••

Rafe is a piece of shit.

Love a protective Pope tho!

Omg also I adore Kiara so please don't get mad at me for making her the "villain" when everyone was acting that way towards Stella.