Chapter Thirty-Four||See You Soon

Chapter Thirty-Four
See You Soon

The group of four paced anxiously on the doc, waiting for John B. Once they got to the house Stella had finally calmed down but refused to tell anyone what her mom said to her. She didn't want to worry them.

"Dude where is he?" Kiara asked in confusion and annoyance.

"Give him a second. He'll be here," Pope told the girl as he got John Bs supplies from the car.

"He's coming. He'll be fine," JJ said as he prepared the boat.

"JB wouldn't fuck this up."

All of a sudden a cop car came out of no where, freaking everyone out. "JJ?" Kiara called out in fear.

"Yeah, get back on the boat, get back on the boat!" He told the group as Pope gripped Stella's hand.

"What the fuck," Stella whispered as she watched John B get out of the cop car.

"No f'ing way," Pope said in complete shock.

"Shoupe let me take it for a spin," John B told the group as they all gave him wide smiles.

"Okay. That's believable. I'll buy that for now," Kiara said as she hugged the boy, she could not wipe the grin off her face.

"It wasn't easy, bro, but I got the Phantom for you, and she runs like she was made yesterday," JJ said as he tossed the keys to the boy. "You ready to go?"

"Where's Sarah?" John B asked.

"She's not with you?" Stella asked the boy in confusion.

"No, we got separated in the swamp. She said she was gonna meet me here," John spit out hurriedly as he started to panic.

"No, no, we haven't seen her," Pope told the boy.

"Okay, well, I'm not leaving without her."

Stella's eyes widened, "like hell you are!"

Pope held back the girl as JJ moved closer to John B. "JB, look at me. I know you feel bad for leaving, but there's no time, man. You've got plenty of gas, plenty of food. Once you get around that point, it's a straight shot across the sound to Dismal Swamp, okay? Once you get there, lay low, all right? Hang out for a couple of weeks and then go overland, cross the border at Brownsville, you got that?" John B was no longer looking at the blonde so JJ grabbed his face and made sure they held eye contact. "Hey! You got that?"

"Yeah, yeah. Brownsville."

"All right. Saddle her up, saltwater cowboy. Let's do this," JJ said as he hopped off the boat and JJ got on.

"Hey, hey," John B said as he looked at his friends. "I'm sorry for basically throwing us off a cliff with this whole treasure hunt thing," the joy blinked back tears as he wiped his face.

"Hey, John B, yo... we were bound to run off a cliff at some point, right?" Everyone let out sad laughs at JJs words. "At least we did it together, though, Pogue style," he said as he wrapped his arms around everyone's shoulders.

"Pogue style," John B whispered.

"Get out of here, please!" Kiara told the boy.

"Now," Pope added. "See you in two months down in Mexico."

"See you soon," Stella told the boy as she blew him a kiss. John B smiled and pretended to catch it a put it in his pocket.

"Tell Sarah I say goodbye, okay?"

Stella nodded her head, "we got her, don't worry."

John B took off on the boat as his friends watched sadly. Stella sighed and grabbed Popes hand making him pull her into his side.