Chapter Thirty-Two||Impromptu Love Confession

Chapter Thirty-Two
Impromptu Love Confession

"I'm pulling over right here," Stella told the group as she parked the car behind the Cameron's house. She desperately needed to talk to Sarah. "Okay, J, Kie, stay here. Pope come with me."

The boy quickly nodded and followed after the girl as she got out of the car.

The two hopped the fence, Pope struggling more than Stella, and started walking to the house.

"Okay, I've got a plan," Stella whispered to the boy as he rapidly nodded his head.

"Yeah, I have plans. We can do plan," Stella gave him a confused face before shaking her head. "Let's do the plan thing. Let's get it. Let's plan it out."

Stella grabbed the boys arm and stopped him from walking. "Can you handle a plan right now? You're not exactly sober, Pope."

Pope scoffed and just grinned at the girl, "course I can handle a plan right now. I'm-I'm Plan Guy. I'm-I'm mister plan-o-matic. Hey, I'm-I'm always, thinkin' of a master plan, aye, cause there ain't nothin-'" Stella couldn't help but smile at the boy but towards the end of his rap she quickly shushed him and covered his mouth with her hand.

"Pope, for this plan to work, you have to be quiet. Can you be quiet?" Pope nodded his head yes so Stella slowly removed her hand from his mouth. "Okay, perfect!" Stella smiled at him before turning around but stopping once more at his words.

"I love you, Stel."

Stella's eyes widened in shock as she turned around to face the boy. "Huh?" She uttered in absolute confusion.

"I love you. I'm in love with you," Pope told her. His eyes were wide to make him seem more serious and it was freaking the girl out.

Stella let out an awkward giggle as she failed terribly to hide her terrified expression. "You're high. You probably don't mean that."

"No," Pope hurriedly said as he grabbed her hand to keep her from walking away. "I know I'm high, and that's why I'm saying this now. I really feel like this. I love you. I've been meaning to tell you, I love you-" Stella quickly cut the boy off in a frenzy.

"No, Pope," she whispered to the boy as his face visibly fell. "You don't and that's okay. You don't mean it so please don't get my hopes up."

Pope tilted his head in confusion, "no I'm serious. Why don't you believe me?"

Stella let out a sad laugh, "last time I smoked with JJ he thought he was real life Barbie."

Pope shook his head rapidly, "I'm not JJ. I want to be with you, Stella, and I know you want to be with me," he grabbed both of her hands and held them close to his chest making her breath hitch.

Stella sighed, "Pope, I have been in love with you since I can remember," the boy smiled widely and was about to talk but Stella stopped him. "How do I know you are serious?"

"In third grade you wore your hair in a French braid with purple flowers in it for two weeks because you just saw the Tangled movie. You said I was your Flynn Ryder so I carried around a frying pan for a week too."

Stella was stunned, she hadn't remembered that. Pope started forming a cocky smirk on his face at her expression. "I know you love me, let it happen, Stel."

Stella smiled at him as he brought her closer to his chest. "You are such an ass."

"Eh, you love it," Pope whispered before grabbing her face and kissing her.

Stella slowly wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned into the kiss. She has been waiting for this moment all her life and it was even better than she could've imagined.

The pulled away from the kiss at the same time and couldn't erase the smiles from their faces.

Suddenly Stella's smile dropped and she lightly hit Pope on the shoulder. "Shit! Our plan!"

Popes eyes widened, "okay, let's go, Rapunzel."

Stella shook her head and stuck her tongue out at him before grabbing his hand and rushing to the Cameron's house.

•••

Stella climbed up the wall up to Sarah's bedroom window as Pope caused a distraction below her. Stella immediately saw her best friend sitting on her bed with a bored expression.

Stella quietly knocked on the window and Sarah immediately came rushing over, both of them wearing bright smiles.

"Stel," Sarah whispered and tried to open the window but it wouldn't budge. "Shit," she said and tried again but it wouldn't move.

The two girls tried to push the window up but it wouldn't move, making Sarah let out a defeated sigh.

Stella shook her head before pulling out John Bs wanted poster and showing it to Sarah. "Are you in on it?" Stella asked nervously.

"Did you think I was?" Sarah asked as she stared sadly at his picture.

"No," Stella responded and held her hand up to the window as Sarah did the same. All of a sudden Wards voice was heard and Sarah immediately ran away from the window as Stella hid.

Stella made eye contact with Pope, who was hiding behind a bush, and immediately climbed down and ran to him.

She hugged the boy tiredly, "it's not good, Pope. It's not good," her voice cracked at the end making the boy hold on to her tighter.