Chapter Thirty-Five||Home Again

Chapter Thirty-Five
Home Again

The day that Stella Perez got picked up from Rosemary: The Camp for Troubled Kids was the best day of her life.

Thankfully the girl left a week early because of her excellent behavior. Stella learned very quickly that she better listen to everything they say if she wanted out.

"I'm so glad you are home, mi amor," her mother said as she helped Stella unpack her suitcase. "While you were gone I have been working on myself too."

Stella raised an eyebrow at her mother, "what are you talking about?"

Carmen smiled excitedly and sat on her daughters bed. "I've been going to therapy and I've quit drinking! Aren't you proud of me!"

Stella stared at her for a moment before nodding with a small smile. "Good job, mom."

Stella was confused to say the least. She wanted to believe her mother was getting better but until then she was walking on eggshells around her.

"Am I allowed to visit my friends, mami?" Another thing Stella learned from her time at camp, always ask for permission from you parents, they are the ones in charge.

Carmen nodded her head, "yes. Thank you for asking. Dr. Susan said I need to start giving you independence so I think being with your friends is a good idea."

Stella was beyond surprised at her words. "Okay, thank you. I will text you later," Stella said as she kissed her mothers cheek goodbye and ran out of the house and to her car.

Stella's first stop was Popes house of course. She could not stop thinking about the boy. Before she left she was able to tell her friends where she was going and they were less than happy at the news.

Stella got out of her car and knocked on the Heywards door. Popes dad was the one to answer and smiled at the girl, "hey, Sunny. Pope is in his room."

"Thank you, Mr. Heyward," Stella said as she rushed up the stairs to the boys room.

Stella knocked on the door and heard a familiar voice. "One second, Pops!"

Stella waited anxiously for the boy to open his door and when he did his mouth dropped in shock.

"Surprise!" Stella said nervously as she waved her hands.

Pope said nothing as he picked her up in a hug and started kissing her face all over. Stella laughed at his actions but continued to let him pepper her in kisses.

"I missed you too," Stella laughed out as Pope brought her into his room and shut the door.

The boy set her down on the ground, "I'm so happy you're home. I've missed you so much."

Stella smiled softly and put her hand on his face, noticing how he melted into her touch. "I've missed you too."

Pope grinned at her before pulling her in for a kiss, his hands resting on the side of her face. Stella smiled into the kiss and rested her arms around his neck.

Pope broke away from her lips for air and rested his forehead on her own. "Please never leave me again."

"Promise," Stella said and leaned back in for another kiss.

•••

"Are you sure they are at the château?" Stella asked Pope as she pulled up to the house, their hands interlocked on his lap.

Pope nodded his head, "yep. We spend basically all of our time here."

Stella sighed nervously and got out of her car, Pope following closely behind. The girl could hear the voices of Kiara and JJ arguing. Stella laughed and turned the corner to see them yelling at each other.

"JJ, this is my blanket!" Kiara yelled as the two played tug a war with a purple blanket.

"Nu-uh! It's mine!" JJ yelled as Kiara rolled her eyes at the boy.

"It's actually mine," Stella said, making the two turn to her.

"Holy shit!" JJ said excitedly as he ran up to the girl and crushed her in a hug. "When did you get back?"

"Today, left early on good behavior," Stella said as JJ let her go, making Kiara immediately hug her.

"I've missed you," Kiara said as she held her tightly. "And I'm so sorry for everything I did. I-I fucked up, Stel. I'm so so sorry-"

Kiara was cut off by Stella flicking her forehead. "It's fine. You're still my friend, I guess," those words made Kiara break out into a smile.

"How is it with your psycho mom?" JJ asked, making Pope glare at him and slap his shoulder.

Stella laughed, "she's fine. She's getting help so I think things are looking up," JJ nodded his head. "I mean it's not like I have any other options, my dad is gone, so..."

Pope frowned and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. "Still haven't heard from him?"

"Nope," Stella said with a shrug. She honestly didn't care, he only caused trouble anyway.

"How was that wilderness camp?" Kiara asked the girl. Ever since she heard her friend had to go to one she was freaking out.

Stella grimaced at the mention of the camp. "Could've been worse. It was like a super rich and fancy rehab. Nothing terrible happened but it was definitely not where I wanted to spend a month of my life."

"Understandable," Kiara muttered.

"I'm home now, that's all that matters."

•••

Things are looking up for Stella. Or are they???