Chapter Thirty-Three||I'm Sorry Mom

I'm Sorry Mom

"Still no word from your dad?" Pope asked Stella as he sat up from the bench they slept on.

The girl shook her head as she stared at her phone. "Nope. Thirty from my mom though."

Pope sighed and kissed her shoulder before standing up and walking over to JJ.

"He's pinched for sure man," JJ told Pope as they stared out the window.

"No. They would t still be patrolling if they caught him," Pope said.

"Let's hope."

"You know, we were in that car. They're probably looking for us, too," Kiara said, Pope glaring at the girl in annoyance.

"Well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B," the boy told the group as he grabbed the keys.

"So, find him before they do?" JJ asked in confusion.

"Pope?" Stella asked as she stood to follow him.

"I'm gonna get gas for the boat," he told her.

"Hey," Kiara whispered. "You be careful. Okay?"

Pope just stared at the girl before looking back at JJ and Stella. "Meet me at the dock at three. Don't be late."

Kiara looked to the others before following Pope out the door. "What is your problem?" The girl asked as JJ and Stella followed her. "Look I'm sorry I hurt your feelings but you need to get over it."

Stella looked in between the two in confusion, "Kie, what did you say?"

Pope just kept revving the engine of the bike as Kiara tried to talk to the boy. "Pope!" She yelled as he road away.

Stella narrowed her eyes at Kiara in confusion. "Kie, what the fuck did you say to him?"

Kiara rubbed her head tiredly, "it was nothing serious."

Stella shook her head, "clearly it was!" Kiara refused to look at the girl so Stella turned to JJ who was avoiding eye contact. "J?"

JJ sighed, "Kie said that you only kissed Pope last night because you were stressed and needed a distraction."

Stella's eyes went wide and she shook her head. "I'm so over your bullshit, Kiara. Again and again you have proved to me that you are a shitty friend but no, stupid Stella has to give her a second chance." JJ and Kiara stared at the girl in silence as she continued her rant. "No this time though. I am so over your petty games. We are done. I cant be friends with you anymore, I'm done."

Stella tried to walk away but Kiara grabbed on to her arm, "no, Stel wait!"

Stella ripped her arm away from the girl and gave her a nasty glare. "Fuck off," she whispered and walked away from the two.

She was so over Kiara and everything that she had put her through this year. She did nothing wrong. She played nice and held her tongue but that was over now. Nice gets you no where.

•••

Stella sat on a curb of some random street with a large frown on her face. Absolutely everything in her life was falling apart and she didn't know what to do. Her mothers was insane, her father was no where to be seen, and her friends were being hunted down by the cops.

Stella looked up from the rock she was staring at on the road when she heard tires screeching. The girl jumped up in fear when she recognized it as her mothers car.

"Estella Carmen Perez! You do not sneak out of the house young lady! We are supposed to be in Mexico right now you little brat!" Carmen's face was red with a rage and Stella her bloodshot eyes.

"Mama I'm sorry, I-I, my friends needed me," Stella whispered as she took cautious steps back from her angry parent.

"I knew these kids were no good! Especially the Heyward kid! Toppers mother told me what he did!" The disgust on her mothers face was like a slap in the face to Stella.

"Don't talk about him like that," she whispered as her mother paused to glare at her.

"Excuse me?" Even though it came out as a question Stella knew it wasn't.

The girl took a deep breath and stood tall, "you heard me. I am tired of your snide remarks. Pope is my friend and I will not let you talk about him like that."

Carmen let out a maniacal laugh as she stared at her daughter. "When this storm ends we are leaving. It is disrespectful to talk to your mother like that and I will not take it. I am sending you away."

Stella's eyes widened, "mommy, what? Wh-what are you talking about?"

Carmen rolled her eyes and grabbed her daughter's arm. "I will not repeat myself, mi amor. Now be a good girl and get in the car."

Stella shook her head and planted her feet into the dirt as her mother tried to drag her to the car. "No! No I don't want to go!"

"You will go, Estella! I am tired of you playing these little games!" Carmen grunted as she used all her strength to push her daughter in the car.

"No!" Stella cried as she pushed her mother to the ground and took off running.

"Estella! You little brat!"

The girl ignored her mothers yells as she ran without looking back. She was terrified that her mother would grab her if she stopped so Stella ran until she was at the garage where JJs dads boat was.

Stella paused to catch her breath but was once again in high alert when she heard yelling from inside. Stella quickly looked through the door only to find Rafe and his buddy beating up her friends.

Stella shook her head and without thinking anything through she ran inside, right at Rafe who had Kiara in a chokehold.

"Get off of her!" She yelled and punched his face, watching as he stumbled to the ground. "Don't ever touch her again!" She yelled as she repeatedly punched the boys face in anger. All of her friends yelled at her to stop but the girl refused to do so. "Don't-Don't," Stella choked back a sob as she finally stopped hitting Rafe.

Rafe scrambled away from the girl and ran off with Barry after Pope pushed the two towards the door.

"Stel, what happened?" Pope asked as he kneeled down infront of her, wiping the tears from her face.

Stella looked at him, his eyes searching hers for an answer. Stella wanted to give him one but she couldn't. The girl just collapsed into his chest from exhaustion, hugging him tightly.

•••

My girl. Things aren't looking good for Stella.

If you haven't caught on already, Carmen is loosely based off of mother gothel!