Chapter Thirteen||Movie Night

Chapter Thirteen
Movie Night
TW: violence

Stella skipped along excitedly with her friends as they walked to the outside movie set up. After her stressful day, this was exactly what she needed.

"I'm so glad that they're still doing this," Kiara said as Stella nodded her head. "Keep calm. Carry on. Back to OBX life."

Stella pointed at her friend in agreement, "exactly! It will be good for us to just sit and relax."

Kiara smiled at the girl and link arms with her before looking back at JJ and Pope. "Aren't you guys glad that we made you come?"

Pope glared at the ground, "ecstatic." His tone made Stella frown but she decided not to dwell on it.

"My couch was pretty comfy, I'll be honest," JJ added as they set up their chairs.

Stella just shook her head before helping Kiara with unloading her bag. "I'm gonna go get drinks," Kiara said and walked away.

Stella looked at the boys and sighed. "Try to at least have a little fun tonight, Topper and Rafe never come to these things anyway," the two just nodded.

Kiara came back with confusion written all over her face. She handed Stella her Pepsi and sat down with a frown. "I just saw Rafe."

Stella choked on air and glanced at the two boys before whispering, "I lied."

Kiara furrowed her brows even more but chose to ignore the girl. "Anyway, he said, and I quote "tell your boy we know what he did." What is that?"

The three shared a concerned look and Pope immediately grabbed Stella's hand for comfort.

"Um... where is he?" JJ asked calmly and Stella didn't know how he did it. She was on the verge of an anxiety attack.

"Right there," she said and looked behind her discreetly.

Her friends didn't get the memo though because they immediately turned to see Rafe, Topper, and Kelec all staring at them.

When Rafe winked at Stella she gripped onto Popes hand tighter.

"Great the whole death squad."

JJ rolled his eyes and hit Popes head to make him turn around. "Just warning you, bro," he started as his friends stared at him. "If they corner me, I'm coming out swinging, okay?" Pope nodded his head as Stella shook her in disapproval. "Slice and dicin'. I'm on edge."

"Yeah, yeah," Pope muttered as he tried to wrap his head around what JJ just said.

"If that doesn't work," JJ held up his backpack and Stella eyes went wide. "I got this right here."

"J, what the fuck," she harshly whispered and leaned over Pope to flick his forehead.

"I'm sorry, JJ..." Kie trailed off as the boys continued to mutter nonsense. "Please tell me that you did not bring a gun here. JJ there are kids!" She yelled and looked around to make sure no one was listening.

JJ laughed and glared at her, "Kie, I didn't bring a gun. Everything's fine, okay?"

"Oh, wow, thank you. That's really convincing. I love that, JJ."