Chapter Twenty||The Rejected and The Betrayed

Chapter Twenty
The Rejected and The Betrayed

Stella sat on John Bs porch in a white wicker chair. She dangled her legs over one side of it as the group waited for John B to come back.

When John B walked through the door with Sarah behind him the girl immediately sat up and ran to her friend. She threw her arms around the blonde as they both laughed. "Sarah!"

"Stella!" Sarah mocked as she pulled back from the hug. Sarah poked the brunettes nose affectionately, "I haven't seen you in forever, lovebug."

Stella nodded and was about to continue their conversation but was stopped by Kiara who started pacing angrily. "No fucking way!" Stella winced at her angry voice.

John B pulled Sarah to sit on the couch with him. Stella was about to follow but she stopped when she felt a hand on her wrist. She turned to see Pope shaking his head. The girl sighed and followed him to where JJ was.

"You brought her here?" Kiara asked as she glared into John Bs soul. "So what? She's in on this now?"

John B opened his mouth but nothing came out. He looked over to his three friends that looked away awkwardly.

"I dunno," Pope shrugged as he pulled Stella into his side.

"Look," JJ said as he crossed one leg over the other. "All I care about is that her cut comes out of your share."

Stella snorted and lightly kicked his chair. "Not helping, J," the boy just smirked in response. Stella sighed and looked over to an awaiting Kiara. "Kie, you already know that I have no problem with Sarah hanging around."

Kiara let out an annoyed breath and turned back to John B. "You know, I don't remember taking a vote," she raised her voice slightly. "This is our thing. A pogue thing," Kiara emphasized her words as she motioned to her friends.

Sarah bit her lip before narrowing her eyes. "Then why is Stel here? Huh," her words were only ment to defend herself but it did more harm than good.

Kiara paused for a moment before laughing bitterly. "You know what, why are you Stella?" Kiara glared at the girl harshly who shrunk into Popes side. "You're not a real pogue. You abandoned us."

Stella turned her face down as Pope scoffed. "Kie, that's not fair and you know it."

Kiara just shrugged, "why? You know it's very suspicious that she suddenly wants to be our friend again after we find out about the gold!"

Stella furrowed her brows and fiddled with her fingers nervously. "I was always your friend, Kie," her voice was hardly a whisper but everyone still heard her.

Kiara shook her head. "Liar. That is a big fat lie! You left when mommy and daddy got rich and you haven't looked back until now!"

Stella blinked back the tears in her eyes as she listened to Kiaras words. They hurt and she couldn't help but think that they were true.

"Hey!" Sarah yelled and glared at Kiara. "Stella did nothing wrong, leave her out of this."

Stella quickly wiped the tears on her face. A hand grabbed her chin and turned her face so she was looking at a worried Pope.

"Don't listen to her. She just mad and she doesn't mean it," Stella nodded at his words. She silently leaned more into his side as he wrapped his arms around her comfortingly.

Pope sighed before speaking to the group. "I gotta say, I'm just a tad uncomfortable with all of this."

"Thank you!"