Chapter Eight||Adventures With The Pogues

Chapter Eight
Adventures With The Pogues

After Stella suddenly left the night before, the Pogues knew something was wrong. So, Kiara being the kind person she was, texted Stella to meet them at the Chateau.

They still didn't want her involved and getting hurt but they knew that if she wasn't with them, she would get even more hurt.

Stella was beyond confused but was excited to have a change in scenery. She was also excited to hangout with her old friends again.

She sat on the doc, next to Pope, as they stared at John B through a high tech water camera.

"I still don't understand why you guys need this," Stella said as she examined all the supply they had out. The Pogues shared a look before JJ nudged Pope as a signal to tell the girl their plans.

Pope sighed before turning to the girl, "okay, you can't tell anyone," Stella nodded her head rapidly as she stared into Popes eyes. "This might sound crazy but... we are looking for the royal merchant."

Stella looked around at all their faces before shrugging, "okay."

They all stared in shock at her. "What do you mean, "okay"?" JJ asked with furrowed brows.

Stella just laughed at the boy, "I believe you. There's like 400 million on it, right?" She asked as the Pogues were stunned to silence.

"How do you know that?" Kiara asked.

Stella just shrugged and twisted her rings, "Pope talks in his sleep."

Pope looked away from everyone as the three stared at the two in shock.

John B shook his head, "I have so many questions but that's for another time," he dove back down in the water and Kiara followed after him.

The two danced in front of the camera as Stella laughed. "I wonder what this does..." JJ trailed off and was about to touch a button but Stella slapped his hand away.

"Don't touch that," Pope muttered as he continued to look at the camera, analyzing it.

JJ crossed his arms and frowned, "you two are no fun."

Stella gasped and turned to him, "I am to! Take it back Maybank!"

JJ just shrugged with a smirk, "sorry no can do, Perez. It's written down in my mind forever now," he pointed to his head. "Stella Perez, no fun," he made large hand gestures and smiled smugly at her.

Stella rolled her eyes and took the cap from his head and placed it on her own. JJ smiled as she went back to talking with Pope about the camera. He missed this side of her. She was like his little sister and it's been a long time since he has seen her so care free, he really like it.

"God bless geeks, Pope. Truly, man," JJ said as Kiara and John B came up from the water again. "I mean what would we do without you two nerds," he rubbed their heads and wrapped his arms around their shoulders.

Pope looked at Stella from the corner of his eye to see her smiling like a fool. He smiled softly at her happiness before answering JJ. "You'd probably be dead in a ditch."

JJ just brushed off his comment and stood up to look at Kiara and John B. "I mean who would control the drones?"

Stella rolled her eyes, "it's not a drone J."

"It's an ROV," Pope said.

"Whatever, same difference," JJ said with a shake of his hand and Stella had to bite her tongue to keep from arguing with the boy.