Chapter Six||The Perfect Summer

Chapter Six
The Perfect Summer
TW: violence and slight injuries

Stella wanted so desperately to be with the Pogues and be apart of their crazy adventure. She loved Sarah, she really did but, the Pogues were free. They could do anything they wanted and Stella wanted that.

She wanted to go back to when she was young and could hangout with the Pogues whenever she wanted.

Her parents would sit out on the deck and drink beer as Stella and her friends ran around like fools in the front yard.

She felt terrible when big John went missing. She went to John Bs house everyday but then her parents found out and forbade her from going.

She didn't understand why kids they had sleepover in their house almost every night were now forbidden from seeing their daughter.

It was strange and Stella couldn't comprehend why.

The girl broke out of her thoughts when she heard a loud noise down stairs. She sat up in her bead and walked to her door.

TW

Stella walked down stairs and sat on the steps on her stairs. She watched as her parents screamed at eachother about dumb things.

Normally the girl wouldn't intervene but when her father slapped her mother she immediately stood and ran over to them.

"Please," she said as the turned to look at her. "Please, just, stop fighting."

Her fathers face softened as he took timid steps towards her making Stella take large steps back.

He stopped and frowned, "I'm not going to hurt you, mi rayo de sol."

Stella just shook her head and glanced at her fuming mother. "Mamà, please," she begged but her mother just shook her head and threw her favorite glass vase at her husband's back.

"How dare you act all innocent!" She screamed at him and he turned around and started arguing with her again.

Stella sighed as she quietly walked up to her and into her bathroom. She examined the cut on her cheek and large shard of glass in her shoulder.

She got out her first aid kit and stared at herself in the mirror for a long time.

She just wanted to go home.

•••

When the sun rose Stella immediately ran out of the house and to Toppers so she could go on his boat with him and Sarah.

The two blondes didn't seem to notice her off behavior or bruises. Stella had gotten really good at makeup over the years. She even knew how to give herself stitches.

She sat in the sun, trying to soak up its rays. She needed a ton of vitamin d if she was going to survive her mom on her own.

The passed the Pogues boat and Stella didn't even bother to smile or wave. She was too tired to do anything.

She knew that they were her friends but she was still hurt about what happened yesterday. All she wanted to do was help.

•••

Stella, unfortunately, spent the rest of her day with Topper and Sarah at the beach clean up. She wanted to leave them and go anywhere else but the only place she could go was home.

After Topper forced Stella to let him take her home, the girl stood at her front door for ten minutes. She finally walked through the door as quietly as she could.

She was about to walk up the stairs but noticed a knocked over wine bottle in the living room. Stella quickly made her way over and saw her mom passed out on the couch, glass in hand.

The girl sighed before taking the glass and putting it on the table next to her. She picked up the empty wine bottle as well.

Stella then grabbed a blanket and put it on her mother before staring at her for a moment. She was so beautiful. Stella always wanted to look like her mother.

The girl kissed her mothers forehead and grabbed her hand as tears threatened to fall. "I love you, mommy."

•••

This hurt to write.

I love Stella so much and she deserves the world.

Stay safe everyone. I love you.