Chapter Twenty-Two||Wounds That Never Heal

Chapter Twenty-Two
Wounds That Never Heal

Danny Perez was a very private man. He never liked displaying his emotions upfront (unless it was with his wife) and he didn't like hearing about it either.

But when he heard his daughter crying all night, he knew something was seriously wrong. Stella was a relatively happy girl so to hear her sobs was heartbreaking to her father.

The man had no idea what happened but he was going to find out and kill whoever caused it.

Pope Heyward had been calling and texting Sarah all night. After he sat down when Kiara told him so he knew he fucked up. The boy immediately left John Bs house to find the girl but it was like she disappeared into thin air.

So when he got a call from her father the next morning saying that something was wrong, he immediately ran to her house.

Pope nervously knocked on the door. His hands were shaking and he couldn't stop it.

Danny opened the door quickly and ushered Pope in. "She's upstairs. She won't talk to me," Pope nodded and made a move to go to Stella's room but a hand on his shoulder stopped him. "You tell me what's wrong, son. I don't want my little girl in pain."

Pope nodded and was slightly afraid of the older man, he seemed vengeful. "Yes, sir," he muttered before running up the stairs and to Stella's room.

He knocked on the door but got no answer so he knocked again. "Dad go away!" Stella yelled back.

Pope sighed and leaned his head against the door. "It's Pope," there was a long pause until he heard a quite "come in" making the boy immediately walk into her room.

Pope saw Stella curled up into herself as she laid under her comforter. "Stella I'm so sorry. I should've defended you and gone after you. I have no idea what I was thinking," Pope rambled as he walked around her bed so he could see her face. "I'm so stupid you're my favorite person ever I don't know why-" he cut himself off at the sight of crying face. "No-no, I'm so sorry," the boy quickly moved towards her but Stella jumped up and moved back.

Stella choked back a sob as she watched Popes face turn from one of concern to horror. "W-what happened?" The boy whispered as he fell to his knees in front of her.

Stella sniffled and moved slightly closer to him. "Rafe. H-he just wouldn't stop," her voice cracked.

Pope tried to stop the angry expression from forming on his face but Stella saw it. He lightly traced the large bruise on her neck as he examined all the hickeys.

"I'm gonna kill him," Pope muttered as he moved to stand but Stella gripped onto his hand for fear life.

Her eyes were wide and fearful. "No! P-please don't go!" She started to cry again and Pope immediately lowered himself on to her bed and wrapped his arms around her.

He kissed the top of her head repeatedly as he whispered sweet nothings to her.

Stella didn't want to see anyone or be touched by anyone ever again but as soon as she heard his voice and saw his face, that thought was completely abandoned.

•••

Danny Perez stood outside of his daughters bedroom as he listened to her cry as the Heyward boy tried to console her.

"Why would Rafe do this to me," she whispered over and over again as Pope continued to say "I don't know, Stel," it broke Danny's heart.

The man of course had no idea what she was talking about but that didn't stop him from rushing over to the Cameron's house in furry.

He banged on the door like a mad man until Ward Cameron opened it with a confused expression on his face. "Dan? What's going on?"

Danny glared at the man and tried to look around for any sign of Rafe. "Is Rafael here?"

Ward shook his head. "No. What's wrong?"

Danny shook his head and opened and closed his fist repeatedly. "You tell your boy that if he ever even looks at my daughter again. He is dead."

The Perez man then walked away and left a horrified Ward in his wake.

•••

This chapter is not the best sorry. I will probably rewrite this later