Chapter Twenty-six||Don't Speak To Me

Chapter Twenty-six
Don't Speak To Me

"JJ this is so stupid," Stella said as the boy pulled up to Barry's house.

"Yeah, I don't know about this man," Pope agreed as he stared out the window in concern.

JJ didn't respond and quickly got out of the Twinkie and walked into the house.

John B sighed and reopened the door. "Where you going?"

JJ kept walking as he called out, "yo soy justicia!" to them.

"Did you glean anything from that?" Pope asked as Stella shook her head.

"You know somebody should probably..." Kiara trailed off as she processed what her best friend was about to do.

"Yeah," John B said as he got out of the passenger seat. "I got it."

The group got out of the Twinkie after John B walked into the house and Stella couldn't help but pace anxiously.

"Stel, it's gonna be okay," Pope said softly.

The girl glanced at him briefly and shook her head. "No! This whole thing is fucked!"

Kiara rolled her eyes at the girl. "You are being dramatic, Stella."

Stella glared at the girl as Popes eyes widened in concern. "Don't even speak to me right now," she gritted out and then went back to pacing.

"All right," JJ announced as he came rushing down the steps, John B close behind. "So we're looking at five grand each for reparations for putting us through that bullshit. Sorry about that y'all."

Stella shook her head, "J..."

"So that's what we're doing now? We're robbing drug dealers?" Kiara asked.

"This Barry guy's gonna find out," Sarah added. "He's gonna come after us."

"Yes, he will," Pope said as he directed his words towards JJ. "This is not the time to start wilin' out."

"How'd you guys like having a gun pulled on you?" JJ said harshly as Stella looked at the ground. "Huh? Stel, you had a panic attack because of him!"

Stella sighed and pulled at her shaky hands. "Yes, I know but we shouldn't steal from him."

JJ groaned in annoyance and it made John B step between the two. "Relax," he muttered and backed JJ up.

JJ pointed at the boys head and frowned. "He had it right here on you, bro."

"Look," John B cut him off. "We've gotta go get the gold, okay? Just give me that shit. We're putting it back," John B said as he tried to take the money from JJ but the blonde only pushed him up against the van.

Stella's eyes widened as she gripped onto Popes hand. "JJ!"

"Do you feel like a tough guy? Huh?" John B taunted him as everyone stood in shock. "What are you gonna do when he comes for us?"

"We punch him in the throat," JJ answered immediately.

John B laughed sarcastically, "yeah, good fuckin' idea, JJ."

"I'm not putting it back," he got in the Twinkie as everyone just stared at him. "You guys getting in or what!" Nobody moved so he jumped out and stared at them, "what?"

"We're sick of your shit," John B said.

"Okay, wait, hold on-" Stella tried to reason but was only cut off by JJ.

"Oh," he laughed out. "My shit?"

"Yeah. Yeah. Your shit."

"Yes," Kiara agreed with John B. "Your pulling guns on people shit."

"You acting like a maniac-" Pope was quickly cut off by JJ.

"Okay, Pope, I took the fall for you, man!" Stella frowned as she stared at JJ with pity. She didn't mean to but she felt terrible for the boy. "You know how much money I owe because of you?"

"I'm gonna pay you back, and I didn't ask you to do that!" Pope said with wide eyes, trying to keep the situation from escalating.

"I just did! Pay it back," JJ whispered the last part. "Right here, right now, by myself," he looked around at his friends and shook his head. "You know what? That's exactly what I'm gonna do," he started walking away with a sad face. "Go off by myself."

"JJ," Pope said and tried to follow him but John B held him back.

"Hey, wait, man."

"Just, let him go," Kiara said.

Stella shook her head and narrowed her eyes in anger. "You are all ridiculous! He's clearly not okay and we should be going after him!" Nobody said anything and it made the girl scoff. "Wow... really great friends we got here."

Stella turned around and ran after JJ. Pope tried to follow her but was held back by John B again.

"JJ!" When she finally caught up to the boy she was out of breath and sweating. "Hey," she grabbed his arm but he just pushed her off.

"Get off of me, Stella!" He yelled, his face red with anger.

Stella shrunk into herself, "I'm sorry."

JJ sighed and rubbed a hand over his face. "No, no I'm sorry," he grabbed her shoulders and pulled her in for a hug. "I didn't mean to yell."

Stella pulled away and nodded, "it's okay."

The boy smiled at the girl he saw as a little sister. She was always there for him even when he didn't want her to be.

"Hey, I love you but I need to do this on my own," Stella immediately tried to argue with him but he cut her off. "I'm serious."

She sighed but smiled nonetheless. "I'm just a call away."

He smiled back and ruffled her hair making her laugh. "I know. See you soon, sunny."