Chapter 1

I just moved to a small town in Washington state called Forks. I am originally from A small town in Scotland. I bought a house in a wooded area so that no one would find me. I have been on my own since I was 18. I am a tribird. I am a combination of Witch, Vampire and a Wolf shapeshifter. I am not particularly happy with what I am. I had no choice but to be a tribird. My vampire creature thought that I would be of use to him because of my abilities. I have empathic visions and can sense supernatural creatures. I escaped him after he had me for years torturing me to get rid of the witch and the wolf side of me. The house that I bought was an old cabin here in the woods. It was a beautiful place that I can finally call home. Tomorrow I start school at Forks High School sounds like a joy right, not really.

Today is the day that I start school at the high school. It was in the middle of the semester of my junior year. I got up this morning and put on jeans and a black t-shirt that had a band logo on it. I put on my combat boots and pulled my hair into a ponytail. I have long black hair and blue eyes. I grabbed my leather jacket and walked down to the kitchen to make a bagel and grab a cup of hot tea. If you are wondering how I maintain my vampire side I drink from animals but I am also able to eat normal food. I added some animal blood to my hot tea and walked out the door. I noticed that there is a house across the street from my house that had three stories that had glass windows all around it. I climbed into my black 67 chevy impala and started to drive to school.

Once I arrived at school I could sense that everyone was looking at me. My anxiety was starting to kick in. I just hope I can get through the day without an anxiety attack. I got out of the car and grabbed my bag that was in the back seat of the car. I could sense that I was being watched. I looked over to a group of students that had golden eyes. I knew exactly what they were. Vampires. I wanted to stay away from them. I walked into the school building and went to the office. They gave me my schedule and a map of the school. I had AP history first. I was looking at the map and wasn't paying attention when I bumped into something hard. It knocked the papers out of my hand. I said "I am so sorry I wasn't watching where I was going." The person said "It's ok, it was an accident." I looked up at the person. She was one of the students that was with the vampires. She was beautiful. I had to compose myself because I saw how she was turned and her past. She asked, "are you alright." I said "i'm fine thank you" I rushed off to my class. When I entered the classroom I handed the teacher my slip to sign. He told me to have a seat. The only seat that was available was by a guy that had honey gold hair that came down to his shoulder. He was a vampire also. Great, I thought to myself. my anxiety was picking up by the second. This was not good. I sat next to him and tried to focus on class. Throughout class he kept looking at me. We were learning about the civil war. It was one of my favorite topics to study.

When the bell rang I rushed out of class feeling like I couldn't breathe. The next class was math and that class was nice but still had the anxiety building up. The next class I had was music and when I walked into the class It was a girl with a pixie cut and had gold eyes too. I knew right then that she was a vampire. The teacher told me to sit next to her. I took my seat. She said "hi my name is Alice. Are you new here?" I said "my name is Emerald and I am new here." Alice said "it's ok to be nervous on the first day. I don't know what you have been through but I was hoping we could be friends." I said "I'm not too good at making friends and I prefer being alone less likely to be hurt." Soon the class started and I focused on the lesson.. I could tell that Alice had a look on her face that she was trying to figure out what I was. After music was Lunch. Alice and I walked to the lunch room. I said "thank you for making me feel welcome. I didn't mean to sound mean. I have a bad past." Alice said "It's alright I understand." she left me to meet with the other vampires. I grabbed some lunch and found a table to sit on. I sat by myself so I could read and try to get my anxiety under control. While I was sitting there having lunch a girl with brown hair approached me. She said "I'm Bella, stay away from the Cullens, you're nothing but an ugly bitch that nobody wants here." I said "I don't know who you are talking about and if you mean the kids that have golden eyes I have no intention of getting close." She gave me a smug look on her face and walked away. I shrunk back into my seat not liking the attention.