Chapter 5

During biology I was sitting there working on a project when I felt someone approach me. I looked up to find Edward and Bella. I said "Can I help you?" Bella said "what part of staying away from the Cullens don't you understand." I said "I can hang around whoever I want. you can't control me." Edward said "Jasper doesn't love you. you are nothing to him." Bella said "you are not going to tell me what to do. If you are not going to stay away I will make you stay away." I said "just leave me the hell alone. I have done nothing to you to make you hate me." They both walked away and the anxiety started to build up. I started to feel like I couldn't breathe. I asked the teacher if it was ok if I left early. I then left the room and made my way out of the school. I stood by Jasper's truck to try to get my breathing under control. While I was leaning against the truck, I sensed someone was coming over to me. Next thing I knew I was on the ground being beaten up. I fell on my wrist and heard it snap. I looked up to see Bella and Edward were the ones beating me up. I tried to yell stop but the anxiety attack was getting worse. I heard yelling from somewhere saying "GET AWAY FROM HER!!!" It was a deep voice. Soon they were pulled off of me. I slid against the truck holding my bad wrist trying to breathe to get the anxiety attack to settle down or go away completely. I pulled my knees to my chest and buried my head in my knees. I felt someone put a hand on my knee. I flinched, not meaning to. The memories came back from when Jamie was torturing me to get rid of the wolf and the witch. I heard someone say "nobody is going to hurt you Em." I looked up to see Melody and Rosile. I nodded and slowly let them help me up. Jasper came over and hugged me. I hugged him back forgetting that my wrist was broken. I said "ow" Jasper said "let's get you looked at." He opened the truck door and helped me get into the car. We drove toward our houses. I said shouldn't we head towards the hospital?" Jasper said "my adopted father figure is a doctor at the hospital. He has everything that he needs in his office at the house.

When we pulled up to his house I said "is he going to like me?" Jasper said "Darlin he knows that you are my mate and he knows you are different." I nodded. Jasper came around to my side of the truck. He opened up my door and helped me out of the truck. He wrapped an arm around me and we walked into the house. Jasper yelled "Carlisle." A man came down the stairs where we were standing at" Jasper said "Emerald needs to be looked at. Edward and Bella beat her in the school parking lot and she fell on her left wrist." I said "Jasper, I will heal on my own." Carlisle said "why don't we have a look." I said "fine" we walked to the second level of the house and it was beautiful with it had a living room and a kitchen attached to it. Jasper and I sat on the couch.

Carlisle looked at my wrist. He said "well it looks like your wrist is broken. I will go get the stuff for the cast. Is there a particular color that you like?" I said "red or purple would be fine but I normally heal really fast." Carlisle said "I would have to reset it so it will heal properly. If you don't mind me asking "what are you?" I looked at Jasper and he placed his hand on my thigh for reassurance. I said "I am a tribird. I am part witch, wolf and vampire. I drink animal blood to keep the vampire side strong. I am able to sleep and I can eat regular food." While I was explaining what I am, a woman walked into the living room. She had shoulder length brown hair. Carlisle said "you are a very interesting person and I have never come across one of your kind in my life as a vampire." Carlisle turned around to see the women coming up next to him. Carlisle said "This is my wife Esme." I said "nice to meet you." Esme said "It's wonderful to meet you finally. Everyone has been talking about you." Jasper said "she's my adopted mom." I nodded. Carlisle went to get the stuff to set my wrist. Once he came back he casted my wrist with a red cast. When my hand was casted Carlisle said "you will have to wear it for at least 4 weeks while your bones reset themselves." I said "thank you for everything." Esme said "you are welcomed here anytime dear. If you need anything you can come here." I said "thank you." I turned to Jasper and said "I think it's time for me to head home." Esme asked "Do you want Jasper to drive you home?" I said "I live across the street but thank you for the offer." She smiled and came over to give me a hug and that's when I saw her losing a baby and jumping off the cliff. I also saw Carlisle save her. I pulled out of the hug. Jasper said "I will walk you home" He helped me up off the couch. I turned to Carlisle and Esme. I said "It was lovely to meet you both." They smiled and Jasper led me out of the house. Once we were outside I walked to Jasper's truck and grabbed my bag along with my tea cup. We walked over to my house. I reached into my right pocket and pulled out my keep. I unlocked the door and turned to Jasper. I said "would you like to come in for a little while?" Jasper said "I have to go hunting but if you leave the window open I can come and check on you when I get back." I nodded. I headed into the house and put my keys on the table in the kitchen. I went up to my room and changed into some leggings and a tank top. I went back downstairs and made some dinner. After eating dinner I sat down in the living room to work on my history paper.