chapter 3

At lunch I went to the cafeteria and sat down at the table by myself. I got some lunch and sat back down. I knew Jasper didn't believe me earlier when I told him it was nothing. I didn't want him to worry and I couldn't let him know what was going on. Nobody needs to know what I have been through. I was sitting there reading when Bella came back over and said "I told you to stay away from the Cullens. They don't like you. You are nothing to them, just a girl looking for attention. If you don't stay away from them you won't like what comes next." I shrunk back into my seat before I got up and walked out to my car to head home. I didn't feel like finishing out the school day. When I got to my car I felt someone touch my arm. I jumped and turned around to see Jasper and Melody. Jasper said "where are you going darlin?" I said "I'm heading home; Don't want to deal with her and Edward in biology." Melody said "She's not worth it." I said "go back to class please I will be ok." Jasper said "Darlin, let us help you with whatever you are going through." I said "I appreciate it but I have to try to trust again." Melody asked "what do you mean?" I got into my car and drove home.

When I got home I went into the house and grabbed a snack or something from the kitchen. I went into the living room and turned on the tv. I put on a streaming service and sat down on the sofa. I pulled my knees up to my chest and put my head on my knees. Why am I so messed up? A few hours later I heard a knock on the door. I walked over to the door to find Alice, Rose, Melody and Jasper. I asked "what are you guys doing here?" Alice said "we were worried about you." I said "I am fine." Jasper said "no you're not darlin." I said "how would you know?" Jasper said "why don't we take this inside and we will explain everything." I nodded and invited them in. We went into the living room and sat down on the couch and the chairs. Jasper said "Darlin, I know this is going to sound strange." I said "Jasper I know what you are, Vampires." Alice asked "how do you know we keep a low profile in town." I took a deep breath and said "I'm a tribird." Melody asked "what is a tribrid?" I said "I am part witch, vampire and wolf shifter. I have the ability to sense the supernatural and I also have empathic visions." Alice said "That explains why you ran away from Rose." Rose asked "what exactly did you see?" I said " I saw how you were turned and everything that had happened in your past. I never asked for this ability and I never asked to be what I am." Melody said "nobody asks to be like us. We have to make the best of what we are dealt with." I nodded. Jasper said "I know how you are feeling because I am an empath and you are my mate. With you around it is easier to control the thirst." Alice said "I have visions and I saw you coming. I knew you were Jasper's mate." Melody said "I have telekinesis." Rose touched my hand and said "you are just different and we want to be around you no matter how bad your past is." I said "Thank you." Jasper asked "how do you deal with the thirst of the vampire side?" I said "I keep animal blood on hand and I add it to my tea in the morning. I can still eat food." Jasper nodded.

We sat there and talked for a while. Jasper asked "would it be ok if we touched you one at a time and you tell us what you see?" I said "sure" Jasper took my hand and I saw when he was in the confederate army, how he was turned and used by Maria. I also saw the vampire wars that were going on down in the south and how she never let the newborns live past a year. I was pulled out of the vision. I had to breathe for a moment. I said "that's how you know so much about the civil war" Jasper said "I was the youngest major in the confederate army. Alice and the Cullens showed me a different way of life. Now I have you and my world feels complete." I smiled and said "It will take me time to come around to telling you my full story." Jasper said "I am here for you when you are ready to fully open up." Next it was Alice's turn. She touched my hand and I saw how she was bitten and left in the woods. She woke up alone and soon found the Cullens. I pulled out the vision. I said "I'm sorry that happened to you Alice." Alice said "it's ok I found a way past it just like you will find a way past all of this. Melody said "I think I will wait to tell you my story." I nodded and said "that's ok I don't need to know. Rose said "you already know my past and you seemed to understand where I am coming from. I said "nobody deserves to be treated like that ever." She nodded. Melody said "we are going to head home and let you get some rest. if you need anything feel free to come over." I said "Thank you. I think we can be friends now that you all know my secret but Edward is not to find out until I am ready for him to find out." They nodded and left.