Chapter 22

After the my boots were on I finished my tea and walked downstairs. When I got downstairs I walked into the kitchen to see Alice and Jasper sitting at the island. I placed my cup in the sink and washed it out. I didn't know what to say to them. Melody walked in after I did and said to Alice "She needs time to gather her thoughts and she already talked to Sam." Jasper came up behind me as I was washing out my cup out. Jasper ask "Darlin can we talk?" I turned around and nodded. We walked into the library. Jasper shut the door and I could tell that he was fighting Major. I sat down on the couch. Jasper said "I am sorry that I put you in that situaton darlin, I wasn't thinking and regret doing it I know everything is confusing with having 2 mate. I don't blame you for the way that you reacted." I said "i forgive you Jas, I don't like being put in the middle of things. Sam said he would meet with you and that I was to stay out of it. But I trusted you of all people with my past. I felt gained up on and my wolf reacted." Jasper knelt down in front of me and took my hand. He said "it will never happen again, I was so worried about you when you left and then you came home and didn't talk to anyone i felt how angry and sad you were." I said "I am sorry I made you worried. I ended up on the Rez and she fought to give me control back of my body to shift back. Sam and Paul got her to give up her control." Jasper sat up on the couch next to me and pulled me into his arm. We sat their for a few more minutes. I said "I have to go soon. Paul and Sam are expecting me at the bon fire to hear the tribal legends." Jasper said "just be safe." I said "Always." I got up and walked towards the door. I walked out to my car after grabbing a jacket and my keys. I got into the car and started to drive to the beach where the bon fire was being held. I pulled into the parking lot and parked the car. I got out of the car and started walking to the beach. I started feeling the anxiety start to build in my chest. I saw that everyone was getting food that was being cooked on the grill. I walked closer and the feeling was getting worse. Paul must have seen me and came over to me. Paul said "hey Em what's the matter?" I said "to many people that can stare and judge me." Paul said "I am not going to leave you alone with anyone." I nodded and we walked toward everyone. Emily and Sam came over to greet them. Sam said "it's great that you came. you will like Billy Black." I nodded and we walked to where everyone was gathering around the bon fire. Paul went to get food for both of us. As he was getting food Jacob came over and said "I'm glad you came today Emmy." I said "we use to hear the legends of the land back in Scotland. my mum use to tell me all kinds of tales." Jake said "I bet those were some of the best tales to hear and same with these trible legends I grew up hearing them." I nodded and waited for Paul to come back with food.

When Paul came back he was carrying a plate that was full of food and two drinks. After everyone ate it was getting dark and a little chilly I had forgotten my jacket at home. A chill went down my back and Paul must have noticed. He pulled me into his side and wrapped his arm around me. I said "thank you." Paul just nodded. We sat there as the legends were told and it reminded me of when I was back in home around the my mum when she was telling those stories. When the council was done telling the stories Paul walked me to my car. I said "I will see you and sam in a few days I need to get my thoughts together and I really do love you but i have to figure out how I go about having 2 mates that are from different sides of the treaty." Paul said "Take your time and i love you too." I got into my car and started to drive home. When I pulled into the driveway I went inside to find Alice, Jasper and Melody sitting in the living room. Jasper came up to me and asked "how was the bon fire?" I said "it felt like I was back home when my mum was telling me about the legends of the highlands." Jasper said "that's good darling. You look tire why don't we go up to bed and you get a good nights sleep." I nodded and walked up the stairs with Jasper not far behind me. I went into my room and changed into sweats. I crawled in bed and laid there. Jasper laid beside me I laid my head on his chest and fell into a deep sleep in Jaspers arms.

The next couple of days were spent with Jasper and I worked on using my powers in the garden. I also forgave Alice. I was sitting there in the library using this time to meditate and to reground my energy. After the couple of days of regounding my energy I was ready to learn on control and find out where Jasper and Sam were going to meet to discuss the imprint and mate. As I was sitting in the library meditating I had my phone sitting on the coffee table when it lit up with a message from sam saying that the meeting was going to be at the treaty line at noon tomorrow. I got up from where I was sitting that to see where Jasper was. I walked through out the house and realized that he was out hunting. I went back to where I was meditating. A few hours later I heard the door open and Jasper, Alice and Melody walked in to the libary. Jasper sat behind me on the floor and I leaned into him. Melody asked "what wrong? you look worried." Jasper wrapped his arms around me. I said "I got a message from Sam about that meeting and he is willing to meet with you at the treaty line tomorrow. I am staying out of it." Alice said "nobody is asking you to get involved." I said "i am part shifter and Paul did imprint on me." I didn't ask for him to imprint on me and it scares me. I love Jasper and I don't want to hurt anyone. Jasper said "i know you didn't choose him to inprint on you and I know you don't want to hurt anyone." I turned toward Jasper and said "I love you Major but something is going to happen and if having the pack going around means more protection then that what it means. But I don't make the rules." Jasper said "I love you too and I just want to make sure that you are safe." We sat there for a while all deep in thought. I soon got up and headed to bed.