Chapter 16

The next morning when I woke up there was a note sitting on the bed next to me. It read:

Darlin,

I am sorry that I wasn't there when you woke up this morning. I was called over to the house for a family meeting. Don't worry about anything, I am not going anywhere. I will see you after school. I made your tea before I left the house. I love you with all my heart.

Jasper

After I read the note I got up and took a shower needing to get the makeup off of my skin. I got dressed in ripped jeans and a half sleeved shirt that had writing on it. I slipped on boots and a beanie on my head. I walked downstairs to the kitchen to find my travel mug already made and a bowl of fruit sitting on the counter. I ate some of the fruit and drank some of the tea. I them grabbed my cell phone off of the charger and slipped on my leather jacket. I then grabbed my keys and my tea. I walked out of the house to the car. I got in the car and started to drive to school. My anxiety started to pick up since Jasper or any of the cullens were not at school. I got to school and sat there for a few minutes to get my thoughts together while I drank my tea. My phone vibrated with a message. I looked down at the phone and saw that it was from Jasper. it read: its alright darlin, I can feel your anxiety from the house. try to relax before classes. If you need too text me and I will talk to you through out the day. Remember that I love you and I see you tonight.

I smiled at the message and got out of the car for school. I walked into the school and went to my history class. The day went by slowly and it felt really weird that none of my friends were here. When lunch came around I sat at the table by myself with the anxiety starting to build up again. I barely ate lunch. Bella came up to me and started say "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE CULLENS YOU WORTHLESS WITCH!" I shrunk back into the seat and said "nothing all I know was that Jasper wasn't going to be here today." Bella said "that not good enough. you are always with Jasper and the others." I got up and walked out of the lunch room. I went to my next class which passed by in a flash. I was so grateful that the day had come to an end. I walked out to my car and drove home.

When I got to my house I noticed that Jasper, Alice and Melody were standing on my porch. I was grabbing my cup from this morning before I got out of my car. When I turned around I saw that Jasper had opened my door for me. I got out of the car and hugged Jasper needing some form of a safe feeling. Jasper hugged back. We all walked into the house. Alice said "Em we have to talk," I thought to myself uh oh what did I do now. I said "lets all go into the library and talk." We walked into the library and I sat down on the sofa. Jasper sat down next to me and pulled me in to his side. Melody said "Everyone in the family has left, Edward thought it would be best if we all left so that Bella would be safe. That was what the meeting was about this morning." I said "you all have to leave because he can't control being around her. It's stupid he needs to grow a pair of balls and deal with his issues on his own and not drag everyone down with him." Jasper started laughing and said "Darlin, I refused to leave you and we wanted to know if it would be ok if we stayed here until everyone came back." I said "you know you can stay here. I have a guest room for the girls and you can stay in my room. I have plenty of space here. I won't tell anyone you are here, it's none of their business." Jasper kissed my temple and said "I know darlin." Alice said "Are you hungry Em I know you didn't eat lunch because of your anxiety." I said "I was going to make something when I got home." Melody said "you relax, Alice and I will cook you dinner." I nodded and cuddled against Jasper feeling safe in his arms. Jasper asked, "What's wrong?" I said "now that you all are not in school Bella is going to get worse with the bullying." Jasper said "I know but don't let what she says get to you love." I nodded. Melody brought in a bowl of chicken alfredo for me. I said "Thank you Mel" Mel said "you are welcome Em." I ate the pasta. After I ate I took my bowl into the kitchen. I washed out the bowl. I went back into the library and grabbed book off the shelf. I sat back next to Jasper and started reading. I said "jasper on the shelf is one of my journals if you want to read i use to keep journals when I still lived in the village." Jasper nodded and went and grabbed the journal off the shelf. Alice and melody each grabbed different books off the shelf of tales of the highlands. Alice asked "Could you tell us about some of the legends from Scotland." I said "Mum always told the legend of Loch Ness. She said that a long time ago fae or fairy folk placed a monster that looked like a underwater dragon in the lake near the Loch ness castle. It was said that this creature was a guardian of the castle. The laird of the castle swore to have seen the creature. I believe that she is there from my experience. When I was a girl I would play around the lake I fell in and was saved by something that I couldn't explain." Melody asked "how do you know if it was the monster?" I said "Nessy is real I saw the tail of it and once I was on land I looked out and saw the creature it looked like a water dragon to me. Every year I would visit the lake and alway saw the creature even when I was not looking for her she would always appear." Jasper said "did she ever harm you?" I said "no she would check on me when I was by the lake making sure i was in no danger." He nodded and I sat there a little longer until it was time for me to go to bed. I yawned and said "go on to bed darlin." I nodded and got up, I went upstairs to my room and changed into something more comfortable. I then crawled in bed and fell in to a deep sleep.