Chapter 8

While we were cuddled on the couch Jasper was softly playing with my hair. He seemed to be thinking about something. I didn't want to push him on what he was thinking. I said "Jasper, I trust you enough to tell you about my past. But I don't want you to think of me differently once you find out." Jasper said "I would never think of you differently because of your past." I took a deep breath and said "when my creator turned me into a tribird with the vampire venom. He took me captive. Once I awoke into the new life of a tribird I found myself in a cell. In my human life I was a hybrid wolf shifter and witch. Well with the vampire venom it turned me into a tribird. When my creator found out what I was he tried to get rid of the hybrid side. He would use every method possible. He would use wolfsbane or witch hazel on me. He would physically and emotionally abuse me. I ended up killing my creator but I wasn't in full control. My wolf took control while my physical body was in bad shape. It was either to survive or be killed. I chose to survive but at the cost of having anxiety and having horrible nightmares." Jasper held on to me tighter. I could tell he was taking in all of the information that I had provided him. Jasper's voice turned deeper with more of a Texan accent saying "none of that was your fault darlin, you did what you had to do to survive. To me you are a warrior and the marks on your body are battle scars. I promise that Jasper and I will protect you. I'm Major by the way. It is an honor to meet you Emerald. I will let Jasper back in control." Jasper's voice turned back to normal. I said "so that was the famous major that I have read so much about." Jasper said "I'm sorry if he came off a little too strong I tried to keep him under control." I said "It's alright I can understand trying to keep part of yourself under control." Jasper said "thank you for understanding darlin." I smiled and leaned against Jasper feeling relieved that I had finally told him. I must have fallen asleep because I woke up in my bed wrapped up in Jasper's arms. Jasper said "Shhh it's ok go back to sleep darlin." I nodded and drifted into a peaceful sleep.

The next morning I woke up to someone kissing my temple. I stretched and opened my eyes to see Jasper sitting next to me. Jasper said "good morning darling. How did you sleep?" I said "it was one of the best night's sleep that I have had in a while." He smiled and said "why don't you go take a shower and get ready for the day with the girls and I will go make you breakfast and your tea." I said "alright" I sat up and kissed him softly on the lips and sparks flew. I got out of bed and went to grab clothes from the closet. I grabbed black jeans, a band T-shirt along with black lace bra and underwear to match. I laid everything out on the bed and went back to the closet pulling out my black combat boot. I went into my bathroom that was attached to my bedroom. I let the hot water relax my body. After my shower I got dressed and let my hair dry naturally. I put on a beanie on my head and walked downstairs. I walked into the kitchen to see Jaspers cooking. I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist kissing his neck. I said "I didn't know that you could cook." Jasper said "Eme taught me how to cook just incase my mate was human or another supernatural being." I said, "That was very sweet of her." Jasper turned off the stove and placed a plate on the table. It was pancakes along with a travel cup of tea. I said "you can help yourself to a glass of blood love." Jasper said "while you are out with the girls Emmet and I will be going hunting. Carlisle told me earlier that there was a way to go hunting for you and bring back what you need in the bags." I said "you don't have to do that." Jasper said "I would do anything for you." I smiled at him. We sat there while I was eating breakfast. After breakfast I helped Jasper clean up the kitchen. Jasper and I sat at breakfast Island. He Asked "Since today you are going to be with the girls. Would you do me the honor of accompanying me to dinner tomorrow night." I said "I would love to go on a date with you Jasper." Jasper said "there is something else that I would like to talk to you about." I said "you can talk to me about anything." Jasper said "in a few days Bella is coming over to the house to be with Edward and to formally meet the family. I was wondering if you would come over to be with me to that day. We could all just hang out afterwards and Esme's been asking when she would see you again." I said "I don't mind coming over to your house not sure how it will be with Edward and Bella there. You know that I have a rough history with them." Jasper said "it will be ok, Nothing will happen to you and I will protect you from them." I said "I know you will love."

We sat there in silence for a few minutes. It was a comfortable silence. I had a feeling that today was going to be a long day with the girls. There was a knock on the door. Jasper said "I will get it while you put your boots on." I nodded and went back up to my room to put my boots on. Once my boots were on I went back down the stairs to find Melody sitting at the kitchen Island with Jaspers just talking away. I walked into the kitchen and wrapped my arms around the back of Jasper's neck. He turned around and kissed my cheek. Melody said "Good Morning Em. you look absolutely amazing in that outfit." I said "good morning Melody and thank you. You look great in that outfit." She smiled and said "are you ready for today?" I said "it should be fun." I grabbed my purse and my jacket. Melody, Jasper and I walked out the door to the waiting car that had Rosilie, Alice and Esme waiting on us. Jasper opened my door for me to get into the car. Jasper said "I will see you tonight darlin, try to have fun." I said "yea I will try to have fun love. you be careful hunting and remind Emmet that if you get hurt I will smack him." Jasper started laughing and leaned down. He kissed my forehead and then my lips gently. I kissed back and got into the car. Once I was in the car Esme said "it's good to see you dear. I am glad that you could join us today." I smiled. Rose said "It looks like everything is going well between you and Jasper." I said "yes Rosie, things are going really well with him and I was able to tell him my past." Alice said "was that what had you worried yesterday at school." I said "yeah, I was afraid of how he was going to take it and him leaving me." Esme said "My son loves you. you are his mate and he would have never left you because of your past. Whatever that maybe you can tell us when you are ready. We would never judge you." I said "that is very sweet of you Mrs. Cullen." Esme said "please call me Esme." We soon arrived at the mall in Seattle. We all got out of the car and started to walk into the mall. My anxiety was starting to build up. Esme wrapped her arm around me to reassure me that everything was going to be alright.