Chapter 18

The next morning when I woke up I noticed that there was something sitting on my dresser. I got up and walked over to the dresser. There was a teal blue laptop sitting there. There was a note that said "thought you could use this and we all went hunting this morning Jasper" I picked up the computer and walked downstairs. I set the computer on the Island and went to make my tea and made some breakfast. I sat down and ate my breakfast. I walked into the library with the computer and opened up the computer. I went to the school site that they had told me to get my assignments. As I was looking at my science course I noticed that I had a project. I had to pick an Ecosystem to study. I sat back and thought about what I wanted to study for the project and I remember that when I lived in Scotland, there were tide pools on the beach. I wonder if there were tide pools at La Push beach. As I was working on my history project on the civil war I felt someone come up behind me and wrapped arms around me. I looked over my shoulder and noticed Jasper was standing behind me. I asked "How was the hunting trip?" Jasper said "It was fine how the computer worked out for you." I said "Its working out just fine thank you for the computer." Jasper came around and sat next to me on the couch. He asked "what are you working on?" I said "civil war project on the south side and what had caused the war to start in the first place." Jasper said "that was a different time back then." I said "I know it was. I also have to do a science project too but I have to go to La Push beach in order to do that." Jasper nodded and said "just be careful when you do." I nodded. Jasper asked "have you eaten today?" I said "yes I have." I continued to work on my school work. I must have fallen asleep with the computer on my lap. I felt someone close the computer and draped a blanket over me.

When I woke up the next morning I noticed that the computer was sitting on the coffee table. I sat up on the couch in the library Alice came in and asked "Long night?" I said "a little I must have fallen asleep on the couch while working on some homework assignments." Alice said "you did Jasper came back from hunting and found you asleep with the laptop still open." I nodded and got up off the couch. I walked up to my room to find cloths for the day. I wanted to get a head start on the science project. I was digging through my closet when I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. I turned around to come face to face with Jasper. I leaned in to kiss him and he kissed back. I pulled away. Jasper asked "what do you have planned for today?" I said "I was planning on going to the Reservation to the beach. Then i was coming home after working on the project." Jasper said "How about tonight I take you out for dinner in Port angles." I leamed in a kissed him and said "sounds perfect." Jasper helped me pick out what to where to beach which was a pair of jeans along with a short sleeved shirt and one of his jumpers. we walked out of the closet together. I quickly got dressed and I pulled on my tennis shoes. Jasper and I walked downstairs hand in hand. I felt safe with him and I think everyone knew that. Melody and Alice were in the kitchen. I walked in and said "Alice have you heard from Rose?" Alice turned towards us and said "yes and she sends her love. she misses you." I said "I miss her too." Melody handed me a travel cup of tea and my back pack. Melody said "Em I placed some extra cloths in there just in case something happens." I said "you all are wonderful and I am so lucky that I have found a family." Jasper hugged me from behind as he sent waves of calm over me. I said "I better go" I grabbed my phone and started for the door when Alice said "Be careful out there and if you need us just call." I nodded as Jasper walked me out of the house and to my car. I was about to get in the car when Alice and Melody ran out the door with my leather jacket. Melody said "its gonna get windy out there." I nodded and said "thank you" I got into the car and started her. she purred under me and it gave a sense of freedom. I rolled down the window and said "I will see you tonight Jaz. I love you." Jasper said "I love you too. please be careful." I nodded and slowly pulled out of the driveway. I was drove to La Push beach listening to some music. I parked in the parking lot and turned off the car. I grabbed my back pack and my Jacket. I walked down toward the beach it was a little windy but it wasn't as bad as is on the beaches of Scotland. I sat down on a log and took my shoes off and rolled up my pants legs just so that I didn't get them wet. I start walking along the beach enjoying the sand between my toes.

As I was walking along the beach I found a few tide pools by the rocks. As I was looking at the pools I felt like I was being watched I didn't like that feeling. I looked behind me to find four guys standing there. One I reconized as Jake. The other ones I was not so sure about. I said "Hey Jake, I thought I take you up on your offer to check out the beach." Jake said "it's great to see you again this is Sam, Jared and Paul." I turned to each of the guys and said "Nice to meet you guys." Sam said "I think we need to talk, what are you and why are you on the rez?" I said "we do need to talk." I said "my name is Emerald Knight and I am a tribird, witch, vampire or cold one and wolf shifter. I am here working on a science project." Paul asked "I noticed that you are not like the leeches that we have come across" I said "I'm not like the others I can eat regular food and only drink animal blood in a tea in the morning just to keep that part of me under control, I can't really control my wolf when we shift. The witch side keeps me grounded to nature. I am originally from Scotland only moved here not that long ago. Like I said I came here to work on a science project I am taking courses online after a little incident at school. I mean no harm on your land." I could feel my anxiety start to pick up. Jake could tell that I was starting to shake with the anxiety attack starting he said "It's ok, I don't know what you have been through but we are not going to harm you." Sam asked "what did you mean that you can't control while you are shifted," I said "when I'm in my wolf form she takes over and won't give me back control to shift back it took my mate to get her to give control back." Sam asked "who is your mate or imprint as we call it? Would you show us what you mean about shifting?" I said "Jasper hale is my mate. I will show you." Paul said "Hale is your mate." I nodded. I walked behind a big rock and shifted. I walked out and Sam slowly approached my wolf who Bowed her head in respect. Sam said "Em you are beautiful, can you shift back." My wolf was hesitant to give me control back. I whined and Jake came over handing me my bag. He said "its ok." Jake ran his hand threw my fur and she gave back control to shift back. I went behind the rock and shifted back. I threw on the sweats that Melody had packed me. I came out from behind the rock. Sam said "I will help you with your wolf and you are welcomed here any time you need to get away," I said "thank you Sam, I have a rough past and i want to learn to trust you guys." Sam said "you're welcom Em. we can get togeather and talk another day." Jake said "do you need help with your science project?" I sad "I am actually looking for tide pools" Jake, Sam, Paul and Jared showed me the best tide pools to study. It was nice to get to know them, we all joked around and Jake was telling stories about how his dad was chief of the tribe. it was starting to get late and I said my goodbyes to the guys. Sam said "come back anytime and we can work on everything together." I nodded and got in the car. I drove back to my house.