Chapter 20

On the way home I was deep in thought about everything that was said today. How can I have 2 mates? I have only heard of having one. How am I suppose to tell Jasper about being Pauls imprint? What if he get angry and leaves? All of these questions were going around in my head. I didn't realize that I had pulled up in front of the house. I grabbed my bag and went into the house. I went into the library shutting the door to behind me and started writing my papper. I was in the middle of writting my paper when I heard the front door open and close. I figured that Alice, Melody and Jasper had just gotten back. I continued working on my paper. But I started to panic a little I don't know how to talk to them about what I had found out today from Paul. I worked on my paper into the late hours of the night. When I finished my paper I sent it into the teacher. I then started working on my history paper. I was going through the books in my library looking for any book that was on the south and on the civil war. While I was looking at the books on the book shelf I felt someone wrap their arms around me. I knew by the sent it was Jasper. Jasper said "you need to rest Darlin.You have been working on these projects most of the night." I said "i have to get these done." Jasper said "no you're avoiding something." I said "how do you know?" Jasper said "Alice saw something." I said "I am avoiding something that on my mind." Jasper asked "what is it Darling?" I said "I ran into one of the guys from the tribe, apparently he imprinted on me and I'm really confused by it. I have never heard of anything like this." My anxiety started to build in my chest. Jasper pulled me into his chest and held me. Jasper said "We will figure this out together and if I have to share you with Paul then I will. Nothing is going to change how I feel about you. you are my mate and nothing is going to change that. I will call Carlise to see if he knows anything about it. Why don't you get some sleep and I will help you tomorrow on this history project." I nodded and went upstairs to bed. When I got to my room I pulled out my phone from my pocket and put it on charge. I grabbed some sweats an a t-shirt and went into the bathroom. After I changed clothes I went to bed. I fell into a deep sleep.

The next morning when I woke up I laid there for a good fifteen. As I was laying there I heard a knock on my bedroom door. I said "come in." The door opened to reveal Jasper, Alice and Melody. Jasper carried in a try that had food and my tea on it. I sat up up in bed. Jasper set the tray on my lap and sat on the other side of the bed. I said "what is all of this?" Alice said "we just thought that you should be pampered every once in a while." I said "thank you." Jasper said "I called Carlise and he did know something about having two mates." Melody said "apparently it hasn't happened in a 1000 years. it is a rare thing that happen and it is against our laws to harm them." I said "so how is this suppose to help Jasper and I?" Jasper said "we work together and get along I know of Pauls reputation. I believe you and I can calm him down and help with the hot headedness. So the next best thing to do is talk to Sam. See if he is willing to come to an understanding since you are mated to both of us that we all can work together." I said "I am not getting in the middle of this. I will talk to Sam and set a meeting up between you all but I am staying out of it." Alice said "I understand where you are coming from but this is important." I said "I am trying to control my shifts not get into a pissing contest between you and the wolves here." I drank my tea and got up off the bed not being able to handle the conversation. I went out side and shifted. I started running towards the rez. Once I got on the other side if the border I sensed someone following me. I stopped a laid down by the river. I looked up to see a black wolf and grey wolf. One I could tell was Sam and the other I could sense was Paul. They both went behind a tree and shifted back into their human form. I on the other hand could not get my wolf to give me back the control. Sam walked over to me and said "come on em you need to shift back for me. We are not going to hurt you and Paul has a shirt for you to put on." Sam put out his hand and my wolf nuzzeled his hand knowing that he was a friend. Paul came up behind him and said "come on emmy I have one of my black shirts for you. I'm guessing that this was a spur of the the moment phase." He also came over to my wolf and petted my head. My wolf finally gave me back control. I took Pauls shirt and went behind a tree and shifted back. I pulled on Pauls shirt on and walked out from behind the tree to see both Sam and Paul. Sam asked "What happened to make you shift?" I said "Jasper, Alice and Melody cornered me this morning when I was waking up. they wanted me to get in betweeen them in the pack. I told them I was not going to get in the middle of a pissing contest between the wolve and the vamps. I have been through enough. I had to get out of there or I was going to hurt someone." Paul pulled me into a hug and his scent had calmed me down. Sam said "you are safe here em. The tribe has a treaty with them. As long as you are an imprint and a mate to them nobody can touch you it is against our laws.." I nodded. I was starting to get cold. Paul wrapped his arms around me and I snuggled into his warmth. Sam said to Paul "take Em back to your place and get her warmed up and bring her by mine and Emily's at lunch and we can talk more then." Paul nodded and we walked toward his truck. Paul opened the door and I got in. The ride was quiet but it was a nice quiet, I leaned into Paul because I was still cold. Paul wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer. Paul said "Emily will be happy to meet you and so will the other boys." I said "I just want to get warmed up and take a nap I was up late last night working on homework." Paul said "we can take a nap once we get you warmed up. I want to make sure you are alright. you looked a little shaken back their." I said "its hard to control her and I hate being cornered like they did. The worst part about it is that they know my past so I don't know why they would corner me like that." We pulled up to Pauls house and he shut the engine off. He turned to me and said "You don't have to tell me now but when you are ready to tell me I'm here to listen." I leaned in and hugged him and said "I will open up to you soon right now I just want to get warm." He nodded and he got out of the truck. He came over to my side and opened my door. He picked me up and carried me into the house. He carried me up stairs to his room and set me down on his bed. He then went into the closet and pulled me out a black sweater and some sweat pants. He came back out and handed them to me. I quickly changed into them and laid on his bed. Paul laid next to me and pulled me into him. He also pulled the blanket over the both of us. I said "thank you for everything Paul." Paul kissed my for head and said "I will do anything for you." I nodded and we soon drifted to sleep.