Chapter 17

The next morning I woke up dreading the school day. I was laying there starting to wake up fully when Jasper came in asking "what's wrong Darlin?" I sat up and looked at him. I said "just a feeling that today is going to be hell at school. I'm not worried about my studies just about how bad things will get with Bella." Jasper came over and sat on the bed. He said "it's going to be ok. Things are going to work out and if you have to you could alway switch to taking online classes if things get out of hand." I nodded and kissed his cheek. Jasper got up off the bed and said "go take a shower and I will make breakfast along with tea my love." I nodded and got out of bed. I walked into the bathroom after grabbing a black bra and underwear set. I got in the shower and did my morning routine. I walked out of the bathroom to find that someone had pulled out an outfit for me. It was black and red skinny jeans with a band T-shirt. By the bed was a pair of black boots. I got dressed and put the boots on. I walked back into the bathroom and took a brush through my hair. As I was brushing my hair I felt someone behind me. I turned around and saw Alice. She said "I knew that would look good on you." I smiled and walked out of the room. I walked down to the kitchen where I found Jasper and Melody sitting around talking. I walked up behind Jasper and wrapped my arms around his back. Jasper turned around and said "you look beautiful Darlin." He handed me a travel cup that had my tea in it and a poptart. Melody said "we will see you after school." Jasper handed me his jacket and said "take my jacket it will help with having my scent around you." I said "thank you." I slipped the jacket on and walked out the door. I drove to school. It did help having Jasper's scent on. As the day progressed nothing really happened. At lunch Bella was worst than ever towards me and when I had ignored her like Jasper told me it made her even more angry. She and Jessica ganged up on me in the school parking lot. I defended myself and they beat me up. I was getting up off the floor when a bike pulled up near me. A guy got off the bike and walked over to me. I could tell that he was a soon to be shifter. He helped me up off the ground and asked "are you alright." I said "yes thank you I'm Emerald but my friends call me Em." He said "I'm Jacob Black I live near by at the rez with my dad in La Push. There is a beach that we like to hang out." I said "Its nice to meet you Jake and I'm sure that I will check out the beach one day where it is nice." I got into my car and drove to my house. As I was driving I noticed that my body was sore from the encounter in the parking lot. I didn't want to get to the house and Jasper to worry.

When I got home I sat in the car for a few minutes just to collect my thoughts about what had happened today. As I was getting out of the car I had the feeling that I was being watched. I looked toward the woods and saw a wolf watching me. I walked into the house to find that Jasper was sitting in the library looking through one of the older books on the shelf. I walked into the kitchen to make something for dinner. I heard someone walk into the kitchen. Jasper said "I didn't realize you were home." I said "Its fine Jas I just got home figured you all were out hunting." I didn't turn around because I knew I was going to have a black eye from school. Jasper asked, "What's wrong why won't you turn around?" I said "It's nothing" Alice and Melody came into the kitchen while Jasper and I were talking. I was getting annoyed with the him. I turned around and heard Melody and Alice gasped . Jasper came up to me and asked "who did this to you?" I said "I was ganged up on after school by Bella and Jessica because I ignored them at lunch like you told me to." Alice asked "are you hurt anywhere else?" I said "I am a little sore all over but luckily a guy showed up and helped me after it was over. I think he said his name was Jake Black from La Push." Jasper said "I'm grateful that he helped you. Let me cook you something." I said "I think I need to go take a shower but thanks Jasper." I walked up stairs to my room I shut the door behind me. I went into the closet and found underwear and a night shirt along with some leggings. I went into the bathroom and started the shower. I undressed and stepped into the shower. I let the hot water relax the soreness of my muscles. When I got out of the shower I walked into my bed room to get dressed. I found that Jasper was sitting on the bed with a bag of ice. I walked into the closet and pulled on my night shirt and some grey sweats. I walked back over to the bed and laid down. Jasper said "I thought you could use this to take the swelling down around your eye." I said "thanks jas."He handed me the ice bag and laid down next to me. Jasper said "I should have been there to protect you." I said "Don't you dare blame yourself it was Bella and Jessica who is at fault here not you or me. I was just on the receiving end of this I also blamed Edward for this mess." Jasper pulled me into him. Jasper said "this has to stop something has to give. I can't stand seeing you in so much pain because of her." I laid against him and said "I'm Jas but i think i am going to call the school and request my classes to be online until you and everyone else returns." Jasper said "I think that is a good idea and I can alway help you with some of the assignments and you could have more time to work in the garden." I said "yea I also wanted to check out La push beach." Jasper said "We can talk about this tomorrow get some sleep there is some that we have to tell you about La push." I nodded and slowly drifted to sleep.

The next morning when I woke up I noticed that I was not as sore as I was the night before. I got up out of bed and got dressed for the day. I called the school and enrolled in online courses for a while. I would just have to get a laptop computer that way I can email everything into the teachers. I walked downstairs to the kitchen to make my blood tea. Everyone was sitting in the kitchen when I walked in. Jasper came over to me and pulled me into a hug knowing that I was feeling better even my eye was starting to heal. Jasper pulled me over to where everyone was sitting and handed me a cup. Melody said "I made it this morning once I knew that you were awake." I said "Thank you." I sat down and started to drink my tea. Alice placed plate of food in front of me and said "You need to know that our family and the tribe in La Push have a treaty that if we stay off their land they won't hunt us we also have to maintain a vegetarian diet and not turn humans." I said "it's understandable. I'm not going there because I want to hunt. I want to see what is all around here." Jasper said "just be careful when you do go." I said "I promise jas. I already called the school I just have to get a laptop for the assignments to be turned in." Alice and Jasper looked at each other and said "we will take care of that. Just enjoy not having to go to school today. Melody said "why don't we go out to the garden today and plant some vegetables and some herbs. I also want to spend some time with you." I smiled and said "sure a day outside would be nice." Melody and I spent the day out in the garden area. Jasper and Alice went somewhere I didn't know where. That night when we went into the house I went upstairs to take a shower and change into something comfortable. After the shower I got dressed and laid on the bed. I was laying there drifting off to sleep when I felt an arm wrap around my waist I jumped. I looked up and saw Jasper laying next to me. Jasper said "Its ok I just got back with Alice." I nodded and rolled back over and fell back asleep.