~일~

The muffled pitter patter of the rain could hardly go unnoticed by the brown haired boy sprawled on the worn out sofa. He was deep in his own thoughts, drawn into an abyss of darkness, away from reality.

If she wasn't like this.......... Would they be happy? Exempting their financial status.......

If he didn't do that............. Would they be happy? Exempting the downfall of his business......

Who could he blame? ............

His parents? .............

Himself? .............

God? ...........

Probably God ...........

Now he doesn't hate God, don't get him wrong .... He just simply thinks God hated him instead, if not how can he .......... Just an ordinary 17 year old, be caught up in such a mess. How can he ........... Just an ordinary 17 year old, be experiencing anxiety, depression..... At such prime age.

God definitely hates him no doubt.....

"Jaeyun......are you there?"

He abruptly stood up from the sofa... going over to the voice that weakly called out to him, ending his own train of thoughts.

"Eomma..... Did you sleep well?"

"I need a glass of water son"

He helped her to the sofa before running off to the kitchen to get her what she had asked for.

"Here..... You didn't answer my earlier question"

"Oh.....yes I did"

He nodded watching as she slowly gulped the water, taking his time to study her features.......... Pale looking face, chapped lips, droopy eyes, frail physique, scrawny fingers ......... and on and on it goes.

"Why aren't you using your beanie?"

"Why? Does my baldness make you feel disgusted son?"

He was quick to shake his head.....

"I was only wondering...... you never take it off"

"Well I decided to........"

"Did you use your medicine before going to sleep?"

She hummed........ Her eyes fixated blankly on her son.

"Are you feeling hurt anywhere?"

She shook her head

"Are you sure, I can mass-"

"Jaeyun... I'm fine...stop worrying about me, have you eaten anything?"

"I prepared kimchi rice for you"

"That doesn't answer my question"

He sighed holding her cold hands in his with so much fragility that he feared if he exacted so much as a tiny force on it... her bones could crack and wither.

"The food isn't much eomma, you need it more than I do"

"I won't let you starve because of me... go get it, we're eating together and I want no complaints from you son"

With another sigh, he retreated back to the kitchen to get the food, luckily for him it was still very hot so he didn't have to go through the process of reheating it again. He set everything on a large tray including two glasses of some left

Over orange juice.

They spent the rest of the night conversing before retreating into the room to kiss the world a goodnight.