~이십~

If I'm been honest...iono how many chapters this book is gonna have, though I already have an idea of its end and what's gonna happen as the book goes forward. Ion wanna fix a specific amount of chapters so it wouldn't feel rushed...m just gonna take it slow...

Quick reminder; we're slowly getting into the heart of the book, so from this chapter on out, some things would start getting revealed that has some kinda connection to some characters and what would happen much much later in the book... apologies if you find some scenes confusing, sudden or random as some might seem like it doesn't fit in with the book..

Enjoy

®∆®∆®∆®∆®∆®∆®∆®∆®∆®∆®∆®∆®∆®∆®∆®∆®∆

    The teenage boy gasped for air, clutching his chest tightly with his one and only available hand as the other was held by another teenage male who looked a bit older, they were running, running away from something, something sinister, something they didn't want to go back to. The male's breath was getting shorter as they dashed on forward, sweat dripping down both their bodies that was covered in nothing but ragged dirty clothes, sore, swollen legs and several scars littered their bodies, but it was their least worries. Another explosion suddenly went off behind, causing them to flinch and even quicken their speed, but the male was going more and more breathless, his legs giving out on him.

The male breathed heavily finally getting out of the taller's hold  and shook his head aggressively, he couldn't go on...the taller turned back and gripped his wrist back.

"W..w..we...have to..."

The male shook his head again in exasperation...he was tired, famished, he just wanted whatever was happening to end.

"L-"

Before the taller one could continue whatever he wanted to say, a gunshot resonated through the air sending the taller to his knees as he clutched onto his belly with blood oozing out of the wound.

"G..go...."

He trailed, looking onto the male who was now hovering over him. The male shook his head for the third time, tears now spilling from his eyes.

Another explosion went off again, this time more closer than earlier.

The male wept bitterly over the taller, screaming for him to stay.

"Found you!!"

Everything suddenly went quiet after, the male widened his eyes in shock turning his head backwards as slow as possible, only to be greeted by the most terrifying sight ever.... It was a man, no-  a woman, no- he didn't actually know, the person was clad in white blood stained coat with black vest underneath, a bloodied knife held on one of his hands and his face hidden behind a hideous looking mask. The male tried to lift the wounded other and maybe make a run for it, but he was stopped when the bloodied silhouette raised his knife mid air and Stabbed it straight into his left shoulder..

   A scream bounced off the walls of the room as Jake jolted awake, clutching his left shoulder in his hand as he took interval glances on the spot where the male was presumably stabbed. He was shivering in fear as cold sweat dripped down his body, frightened eyes dancing across the four walls of the dark room....his breathing was ragged and he felt so suffocated..

"It was just a dream...it was just a dream...it was just a dream...it was just a dream"

He constantly whispered to himself, bringing the hand that was on his left shoulder to check for any signs of blood, but saw nothing. Another scream went past his lips when the door to the room got busted open revealing sunghoon who had worry etched on his face.

"Jaeyun!!...are you okay?...I heard a scream?"

The younger male shook his head aggressively as tears started cascading down his cheeks, the masked face of the one he had seen in his dream and the bloodied teenager who was held by the other boy constantly replaying in his head. Sunghoon rushed towards him and engulfed him in a hug, whispering sweet nothings to the male as he sobbed bitterly into the older's bare chest.