~칠~

[DAY 2 OF JAEYUN'S MUM'S NUMBERED DAYS]

  It had been just three days jaeyun's mum had woken up, two days she had had her surgery and a day since jay's last visit.

Now don't get jaeyun wrong, he isn't crossed with the fact that Jay hadn't visited the hospital, infact he was quite okay with it...he knew the Older deserved his own rest too.

As for jaeyun, he had never left his mum's side since she woke up and even before, the only times he did so was whenever he wanted to take a quick shower, or grab food for them from the hospital's cafeteria.

"I haven't seen Jay since the day before yesterday, are you sure he is okay?"

"Mum I've told you already, I'm sure Jay Hyung is fine, he has his life too you know"

"I know son, I just can't help but worr-"

"Hello folks!!"

"Hyung!!"

Jay beamed at the two, going over to jaeyun's mum for a warm hug, although he didn't know the woman well, he still found some sort of comfort with her.

"How are you doing today Mrs.sim?"

"I'm fine thanks and you?"

"Good... sorry I couldn't make it yesterday, I had a project from school yesterday, so I had to stay back home to complete it"

"It's okay..the good thing is you're here now"

"I went shopping for you guys....I would have loved to bring my clothes instead, but I know jaeyun wouldn't accept them and besides they'd be too big on him...so yh"

Jaeyun widened his eyes at Jay In total disbelief.

"You didn't have to go through that much for us Hyung..."

"Well I chose to....and you can't go home anyways so....."

Within one of those past days they had spent together in the hospital, jaeyun had told the older all about him.... including his abusive father.

They spent the rest of the day conversing non-stop, but one thing they didn't notice was that slight falter in jaeyun's mood...

[DAY 4]

If one were to ask jaeyun if his mum was getting better, he'll just look to his mum, then to the person, then to his mum, and then to the person. But if one were to ask him if she was growing weaker then he'd surely answer with a *maybe*.

And that was what he feared the most... losing her sooner than expected.

"J..j..jaeyun"

Even her voice was becoming lower and mostly cracks whenever she speaks. He couldn't even say if she looked paler, cuz seriously she looked worse than pale, and if y'all are thinking if he heard his name been called, then no...he didn't.

"J..j..Jake...jakey"

So she tried again, this time around, it went noticed by jaeyun and the older who was sat on the sofa in the room.

"Eomma....do you want something?"

"C..c..can I have..a..a mo..moment with..j..Jay?"

He looked confused at her before staring questionably at the older who in turn gave a confused shrug before getting off the sofa to listen to whatever jaeyun's mum had for him.

"I'll just go get us something to eat".

Jaeyun said, sighing dejectedly, it wasn't like he was annoyed at the fact that his mum wanted to talk to Jay without him hearing, he was just scared...he didn't want to leave her side at all...he just didn't know what could happen and he wanted to be able to say his last goodbye to her....even though he wasn't prepared for her last breath.