~26~ How the Party started

Shared POV:

Tehran, Iran 07/17/2009

Kathrine stood in front of the mirror besides the guest room's door tucking her blonde hair inside the black Hijab. Her black suit had white rims and was loose enough to hide her muscles, yet still looked size appropriate. The black tie and handkerchief made the look perfect. Still struggling with her hair she heard little steps come closer.

Daria looked up at her with big eyes and she leaned down to her and patted her soft, dark hair. The girl smiled at her shyly. "You look so pretty", she whispered, and Kate couldn't suppress a smile.

"Well, thank you. But I think you are soooo much prettier.", Kate said picking her up. "Look! Super pretty.", she said pointing at the mirror and the little girl giggled.

The door beside them opened and Natasha stepped out in a dark green long dress that was mostly covered by a long black coat. "And I think you're both very pretty.", she complimented them, playfully looking at Daria in Kate's arms.

Daria looked a little confused, so Natasha came a little closer so she can hear the words more clearly. "I said, I think you're both pretty.", she repeated and the smile on the little girl's face returned. She gave her a little nudge and then turned her attention to Kate fixing her tie. Not that that was necessary.

"Bereit so richtig loszulegen?" („Are you ready to get this started?"), Natasha asked her partner in perfect German.

"Muss ich wohl." ("I kind of have to"), she answered and looked down at the fingers adjusting her collar.

The two parted and went to the living room where the parents had waited for all the agents to prepare.

"Everyone ready?", Hosseini asked the circle of people and he got some hesitant nods. Natasha watched the kid's demeanor change as she felt the tenseness in the room.

"Well then. Let's get packed up and go."

The family will have a hard time leaving, she knew it. The feeling to leave the one safe place. But they weren't safe here anymore. It was time to leave.

___________________________________

The road leading them through the night was narrow, the mountains reaching high above right beside them, dousing them in darkness. The family was in the car behind them which Hosseini was driving. After twenty minutes of driving in silence and a little scare as an animal ran over the streets, the darkness was slowly ousted by the light of a village. A single lane lead them further up on the side of the mountain, above the village, a massive mansion was lit well between the bushes and trees of nature. The dark wood accents mixed well with the grey bricks and the warm light coming from inside. The whole perimeter was covered with security guards and cameras. A few little groups of people were scattered across the patio by the entrance, most of them men, but some of them women. Women who were a lot less covered than allowed. No Hijabs, long and short dresses. Outfits way too revealing for the rules of this country, and the sound of western music blasted from behind the house.

Kate pulled the car up to the servants organizing the cars and they went inside, keeping a back eye on the family behind them. The lobby was already quite full of people dressed to impress, but they kept going straight. Kate walked beside Natasha and even though there were a lot of beautiful people around she could not hold herself from taking a proper look at her partner after she had taken off the coat and Hijab. The shiny forest green of her long dress matched her emerald eyes and her dark red locks. With her black high heels on she was about as tall as Kate and the red tips of her hair caressed her bare back. The confidence that she exceeded made some heads turn after her.