~38~ You knew me

TRIGGER WARNING: throwing up

Shared POV:

Ankara, Turkey 07/19/2009

She shot up from the arms that had been holding her all night, green eyes on her mind and terror in her heart. She scooted to the edge of the mattress hectically. This couldn't be true, right? She flinched when a pair of warm hands crept up her shoulders. Natasha removed her hands, with which she had tried to comfort her partner. "I'm sorry.", she whispered "I didn't mean to scare you."

Kate shook her head. She could feel Natasha come closer, but she didn't dare to look back. She closed her eyes as goosebumps formed all over her body. The sweaty coat cooled her down uncomfortably in the cold night air. The tips of hair tickled on her back and the boney chin pressed into the nape of her neck.

The redhead tried to show her that she wasn't alone, that she was there for her, even though she didn't know how. Carefully she placed her hand on the blonde, messy head and began to stroke the waves. She felt Kate shiver, but she could've never imagined that it was because of her. "It's okay. I am here. We're here. Together.", she hushed into her ear, then reached for her cheek giving it a loving peck.

Kate had fought the instinct to flinch away when her mouth was so close to her face when she listened to the words the torturer had repeated. Yet she couldn't hold herself back, when the soft lips she had been kissing just hours before, touched her face again. She stood up and walked away. She chose the bathroom as her destination, turned down the handle, then stopped. Her profile turned towards the perplexed spy, she looked down and cleared her throat. "I need a minute.", was all she could come up with. Not the best excuse, but better than none.

She held onto the rim of the sink, her knuckles turning white in the dark room, while she tried to sort all the emotions boiling inside her. The betrayal she felt that the spy didn't tell her. The disgust she felt for kissing someone who had done all these terrible things. The guilt for having these feelings towards a woman who had her childhood taken away, who might not even remember. Her world began to turn, and it spun until she fell to her knees in front of the toilette. She opened the lid and let all the sickness out. The spinning decreased until her world came to a rest. She stood back up, walked to the sink, and washed out her mouth. When she looked back up, into the mirror, she stared at herself but then frowned. Something moved on the street outside, she was sure of it. She hurried out of the bathroom and looked around. She passed a clearly confused Natasha and pulled her mother's watch from a drawer. Then Kate pushed her arms under the redhead and lifted her up in a not-so-gentle manner.

"Kate, what are you doing? Put me down?!", Natasha nagged, but her partner did no such thing.

She opened the closet doors with her foot then put Natasha inside. "Take this and don't say a word.", she whispered and received a look of refusal.

"I will do nothing of the sort! What is going on?", she shouted about as loud as Kate had previously whispered.

"They found us. Now I need you to hold on to this and keep your mouth shut at all times.", Kate answered, pushing her mother's watch into the spy's hand then closing her fingers around it.

"And what will you do?", Nat replied accepting the watch in her hand.

"I will fight.", Kate answered, about to close the doors. Natasha put her foot in between them, refusing to accept her proposal.

"Then I will too!", she rasped in pain as she tried to get up.

"You can't even walk."

"Doesn't matter."

"They're not here for you.", Kate tried to convince her one last time.

"What do you mean?", she asked taken by surprise.

"They are here to take me. Now if you just shut up and stay in here, there might just be a chance you survive this." The redhead shook her head, refusing to believe what she had been told. "Please. I need to know that you're safe. Please?", Kate begged, and Natasha nodded, their eyes exchanging the loving pain one last time before the doors separated them.

Natasha listened to her partner sneaking around the house. Then nothing. Absolutely no sound in the entire house. You could hear a needle drop in the silence of this house. She was about to reach for the door to sneak a peek when a loud bang filled the house. Then the quiet took back over, only soft, trained steps over tiles reached her ears. A bright flash lit up the bedroom when Kate fired the first shot. The man in the doorway collapsed right then and there. Immediately the steps became hectic and orders in a language she didn't understand were screamed throughout the house. The soldiers closed in, and a battle of lightning started outside the safety of her closet. She watched in horror as the window behind Kate shuttered. Now she was completely surrounded. The soft hands that had carried her to safety lifted in surrender. The moonlight from outside dazzled on the metal as he jumped through the window. She put her hands against the closet doors, trying to push them open, just enough to see more, but the doors didn't move. Kate had locked them, she realized enraged by her partner's foresight. She watched as the blonde was escorted towards the entrance. The path right past her closet. If she kicked them strong enough, they could fly open, hitting them right in their faces, she hoped. She got ready to kick with all her might when her eyes locked with honey eyes. Honey eyes that knew exactly what she was about to do. It was Kate's last hope, and she wouldn't let that pass. The pain the kick caused was immense, but it was nowhere near the hell she watched simultaneously. While she had prepared to ram her foot into the wooden wall, her partner had thrown a punch at the man to her side, knocking him out just in time for him to hit the closet door at the moment Natasha tried to force it open. The two noises of force seemingly blending into one. She held her mouth in horror as she heard the shot and watched her partner stumble past her outside the room. A thud of a body hitting the floor found its way around the corner into her closet and the tears began to run. Silently she cried in shock, while the unconscious man outside her doors was dragged away, smearing the tiny droplets of blood Kathrine had lost. When silence settled back in, she whined and cried. She cried until the morning sunset in. Until voices came to save her.

___________________________________________

Thank you so much for reading my book

Don't worry there will be an Epilog, but yes this is the last chapter

So crazy, that we actually got here, right?!

~1171~