So, this was unplanned but I've been working on this for a few weeks while taking a break from 'A Howl In The Darkness' and it's getting somewhere. I'm not really happy yet because I feel like the first few chapters are alright but the rest is shit but anyway. Here's my newest story for you. Something totally different from anything I've written before. I hope you enjoy it. Keep in mind. It's still a book turned into fanfic. So, the changes stay the same as always. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Louis, table five is ready".

Grabbing the three heavenly-smelling plates, Louis balanced them on his limbs and carried them over to table five, which was right next to one of the big windows. It had a perfect view over the little market square. Placing the plates onto the table and offering the guests a polite 'Enjoy your meal', Louis made his way back over the polished wooden floor behind the marble counter to his co-worker Sam, who was polishing some glasses because it was a quiet and calm day today. The rush would come later when he was already sitting on his comfy couch with his two best friends.

"I really don't get how you don't drop all those plates. I can barely carry my own from my kitchen to the couch" one of his regulars commented as soon as he was in earshot. His name was Dylan and he was sitting at the bar counter, chatting with Louis and Sam.

"It's called talent" Louis winked at him teasingly.

"I know you're teasing me but I still believe that" Dylan grinned unfazed at him, sipping on his glass.

"You should. It's the truth" Sam piped in. "He does it as if it were nothing even though he only started three months ago. It's quite impressive. It took me way longer to handle more than two plates at a time. He's a natural".

"Aren't you exaggerating the tiniest bit? I'm waiting tables. That's not necessarily science" Louis cocked an eyebrow at him.

"But it is" Sam insisted funnily.

"Only three months? It feels like I've known you longer" Dylan noted thoughtfully.

"Maybe because you've been here with me more than at home" Louis reciprocated sassily.

"Here, I get free food every once in a while. At home, I have to cook it" Dylan reasoned his constant presence in the restaurant.

"For that, you'd have to be able to cook" Louis cackled briskly.

"And you only get that free food because you started to help around here out of sheer boredom" Sam added cheekily.

"I live right above you. So, when Maria and Paul need help why shouldn't I offer it?" Dylan tilted his head aside in question.

"Because you have a life?" Sam smirked provokingly at him.

"No, he doesn't" Louis snorted amusedly.

"Ey!" Dylan exclaimed fakely offended. "I have a perfectly fine life".

"Yeah? What happens there exactly?" Louis challenged him.

"A lot" Dylan claimed but then fell silent. "Um ...".

"Sounds like an exciting life" Louis couldn't help himself.

"Any friends? Partners? Dates? A job?" Sam offered him a way to save his ass before they would drag him mercilessly.

"I have a job, thank you very much" Dylan crossed his arms over his chest. "I own a tiny bookshop in town. Did I never mention that? It's cosy and people go there".