10.

Aria's POV

Stepping into the restaurant with her girlfriend and Louis, Aria was hit with the familiar smell of Greek food. At first, she hasn't been sure if celebrating her birthday somewhere else with everyone was something she even wanted. She had never needed a big party. But right now, being here felt right and she couldn't wait for the others to arrive and celebrate together, even if it was small.

"Alessandro, hey" Àmbar greeted the owner of the little Greek restaurant. They've been here so many times that they knew everyone and even part of their families. It felt a bit like home.

"Everything is ready for you. Follow me" Alessandro led them through the restaurant outside onto their little patio, where two long tables were standing ready for them. It looked perfect for her.

"You're the best" Aria thanked him overwhelmed. "Thank you".

"Everything for you, Ari. Happy birthday" Alessandro squeezed her upper arm lightly. "I'll send your guests over when they arrive".

"Thanks".

"Wow, Ari. This is stunning and so beautiful. It's ... it looks a lot like you out here" Louis marvelled at the sight. "I love it".

"I love it, too. They did a really great job. I was afraid it would be too much but this is amazing" Aria took in the entire place.

"I told you that you have nothing to worry about. I would never plan anything that overwhelms you, Love. I know you like it simple and relatively small" Àmbar wrapped her arms around her waist from behind, pressing a kiss on her neck. "Happy Birthday, Love".

"I know you wouldn't, Lia. But I was still a bit worried about ... you know ... who might be coming today and ...".

"Only our closest friends" Àmbar assured her understandingly. "Well, and you wanted our new friends here as well but I told them to come alone. Without any partners. They understood and told me they'd explain this to their girlfriends and boyfriends".

"I love you" Aria was overcome with her love for this woman. That she took all this into account meant the world to Aria. Three 'newer' people were enough for one night and Àmbar knew that.

"And I love you" Àmbar pressed another kiss onto her neck.

"You two are disgustingly cute. Spare me, please. I'm too single for this" Louis twisted his face over-dramatically.

"Where exactly is that my problem?" Àmbar rested her chin on Aria's shoulder, grinning at Louis cheekily.

"Ari!".

In a matter of a few seconds, Aria was engulfed by two of her closest friends, Maribel and Kayla. She hasn't seen them in a while and was so happy they could make it. She has known Kayla for quite a while. For over twenty years by now. She has known her at a time when she had struggled with her identity and her own family had turned against her. Aria had always had her back and that had made their friendship so strong. No one could come between them. And then Maribel came into the picture with Àmbar. They had met at the hospital through work and as soon as Maribel and Kayla had seen each other it had been obvious. These two belonged together.

Having them here now made Aria indescribably happy. "You two came. You're here".

"Of course. Where else would we be? You only turn thirty-one once, mh?" Kayla cupped her face in between her hands.

"Thirty-one, Ari" Maribel grinned brightly, scanning the patio now. "Wow, that's so beautiful and so you".

"That's what I said" Louis threw in cheekily.