25.

"Eve, be careful" Louis scolded his daughter when she skated over the rink like a maniac, not caring about anyone around her.

"I know what I'm doing, Dad" Evelina waved him off dismissively.

"She's gonna be a nightmare as a teenager" Louis shook his head disbelievingly, looking after her disappearing figure.

"That really isn't news, Lou" Harry noted amusedly. "It's been crystal clear for a long time. She's gonna keep you on your toes".

"Us, Baby" Louis turned back around to his boyfriend, who was barely moving away from the railing of the ice-skating rink in the park. "She won't spare you just because you cook for her".

"That's unfair" Harry pouted dramatically, his cheeks bright red.

"I don't think she cares" Louis chuckled endeared.

Before Harry could reply, Maeva skated over to them skilfully and stopped right in front of Harry, not even looking at her dad. "Will you skate with me, Hazzy? I make sure you don't fall".

"Sure, Darling. But can we keep it slow?" Harry took her hand.

"Of course" Maeva assured him, starting to lead him away from the railing. "Come on, Hazzy".

"What about me?" Louis propped his hands up on his hips.

"You don't need my help, Dad" Maeva rolled her eyes at him.

"Lovely" Louis crossed his arms over his chest, acting offended but in reality, he was inwardly dying over Maeva and Harry skating together. His daughters had really accepted Harry as a part of their family without thinking twice. It warmed his heart.

"We're not here for you to swoon over your boyfriend" Evelina tore him out of his thoughts, standing by his side out of nowhere.

"I wasn't ...".

"Oh, please" Evelina snorted unconvinced. "You always do that and I get it, okay? You two love each other but do you have to stare at each other all the time? I don't know anyone else who does that. Zayn and Liam are not doing that, neither are Luke and Cody".

"Àmbar and Aria?" Louis pulled a funny face, making her laugh.

"Maybe but not that like that. Is it because you wanna marry him?" Evelina asked him curiously.

"No? I'm not sure, to be honest. I've never done that before but with him, I always find myself looking at him and being mesmerized by his everything. I don't know why" Louis told her honestly. "And I do wanna marry him one day but can we stop mentioning that all the time? It's only been a month".

"So?" Evelina looked unwaveringly at him, making him squirm.

"That's too early to get married" Louis responded dumbly. "All my life, I thought I'd never get married but now he's here and I want it".

"Then do it" Evelina was definitely trying to kill him.

"I can't just marry him like this, Eve" Louis wailed childishly.

"Why not?" Evelina questioned stubbornly.

"Because ..." Louis trailed off, not sure what to answer his nosy daughter. "Proposing after one year is considered early. After a month, it's madness. And I don't even know if he ever wants to get married. We haven't talked about that".

"Does it matter what other people consider early? Every situation is unique. They don't know what you've already been through and what you feel. The people that matter all think you'll get married before you even reach six months" Evelina sounded way too grown-up right now, making him question why they were even talking about this. "And by the way, he definitely wants to marry you. It's obvious. He stares at you the same way, Dad".