Epilogue

"Why are you even here? It's not Monday" Louis stared at Steve and Dylan sitting at the counter together like old friends.

"You know, this is what happens when two complete strangers meet by chance and realise they have something in common" Steve replied sassily, picking his nails for show.

"And then they bond over this and become friends" Dylan added cheekily. "Ever heard of that, Tommo?".

"So, you two bonded over being hobby-less and spending your free time in a restaurant doing nothing?" Louis cocked an eyebrow up at them in faux innocence. "Fascinating story".

"One might think you matured over time but no. You're still a pain in the ass" Steve huffed poutily.

"That I am, mate" Louis winked at him nastily.

"Too much information" Steve grimaced funnily.

"Your words, not mine" Louis shrugged unbothered.

"How do you manage to work with this shrink-brain, lad?" Dylan addressed Sam when he came out of the kitchen.

"How do you mean? He's quite easy to work with" Sam didn't even spare them a glance, brushing Louis' back when he walked past him. "He's actually quite tame when he likes someone".

"I'm deeply offended" Dylan gasped with a hand placed over his heart. "After all these years, you still don't like us?".

"You're a disturbance to my peace, lad. I tolerate you as best as I can but that's already asking a lot" Louis made fun of him.

"We should definitely stop coming by. Maybe we'll find a place, where we're welcome" Dylan crossed his arms over his chest.

"Be my guest" Louis bowed down and pointed to the door with a huge grin on his face but that grin disappeared as soon as he saw who was coming through the door. "Excuse me for a minute".

Exchanging a look with Sam, Louis walked over to their entrance and headed for the table nearest to it, where an older woman was presently manoeuvring Josh around in a wheelchair.

Clearing his throat to make his presence known, Louis gained both of their attention. "Excuse me but what are you doing?".

"What does it look like? Taking a seat" Josh replied as mean as ever but his speech was a little messed up.

"I see that but I don't understand why you're even bothering to make you fit into that corner. I know you got hit by a bus but as far as I heard, your memory is working fine, isn't it?" Louis eyed him without any kind of sympathy. Not even getting hit by a bus did anything to his poor attitude towards people.

"I won't allow you to talk to my son like this" the woman spoke up now, appalled by the situation. Louis felt bad for her a little bit.

"Excuse my behaviour but your son knows better than to come here, so pleasantries are not on the agenda today" Louis looked apologetically at her, not sure if she shared her son's opinions.

"What is that supposed to mean?" she asked confused when Josh was staying suspiciously quiet.

"It means that your lovely son is banned from this restaurant for various reasons and he knows it. So, I have to ask you to leave" Louis enlightened her, feeling way too good about kicking Josh out.

"Oh, yeah? We'll see about that" Josh stared him down, his mother watching him with an unreadable look on her face. "I wanna talk to the manager. You can't ban me from this restaurant".

A self-satisfied smile grew on Louis' face but he willed himself to look at least the tiniest bit nonchalant about this entire situation. "I'm afraid you're already talking to him".